Author Topic: where's my 1st Europa today?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline tedtaylor

• TaylorMadeClassicCars
where's my 1st Europa today?
« on: Sunday,November 11, 2018, 05:54:21 AM »
I wonder where my very first Europa S2 is today?   I sold it to an African American man who owned a janitorial service and was from Salem, New Jersey.   This was back in the 1980's.   A very distinctive color paint scheme.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss

'13 Evora S
owned nearly 50 Lotus cars over the years!
TaylorMadeClassicCars on WWW and Facebook

Offline jbcollier

Re: where's my 1st Europa today?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,November 11, 2018, 06:26:06 AM »
Europas tend to get painted poorly and often.  I stripped five colours off mine.

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,November 11, 2018, 09:52:23 AM »
There is a Lost/not found section on lotus-europa.com (http://www.lotus-europa.com/lost.html). It might be worthwhile to post it there.

Offline tedtaylor

• TaylorMadeClassicCars
« Reply #3 on: Thursday,November 15, 2018, 03:38:16 PM »
There is a Lost/not found section on lotus-europa.com (http://www.lotus-europa.com/lost.html). It might be worthwhile to post it there.

I thought that old site was all but washed up?   might be good for reference material, but all the registry, and classifieds, are very dated and not kept up-to-date.   I used to check that site regularly, until this new forum took over.   I can't blame Mr. Morrison? since it would be a one-man show, but now the internet forums are mostly all user controlled and updated live.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss

'13 Evora S
owned nearly 50 Lotus cars over the years!
TaylorMadeClassicCars on WWW and Facebook

Offline BDA

« Reply #4 on: Thursday,November 15, 2018, 05:12:29 PM »
I really can't argue with you. I submitted (yet another) plan for installing gas struts for the engine cover. Dan said he would post it. After a while, when it didn't show up, I emailed him. He apologized and said he would do it "real soon now" (software term), but he never did.

I don't blame him either. He has a life and it was good of him to volunteer to take it over since nobody else seemed to want to be bothered. I guess I hoped if there was more activity on it, it might be revived (Joe, are you looking for a new hobby?). Besides the documentation page, which I use A LOT, there are a lot of features that I don't lend themselves to the forum format - e.g. lost/not found. Maybe we should be glad that we still have the site at all...

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #5 on: Thursday,November 15, 2018, 08:41:13 PM »
I really can't argue with you. I submitted (yet another) plan for installing gas struts for the engine cover. Dan said he would post it. After a while, when it didn't show up, I emailed him. He apologized and said he would do it "real soon now" (software term), but he never did.

I don't blame him either. He has a life and it was good of him to volunteer to take it over since nobody else seemed to want to be bothered. I guess I hoped if there was more activity on it, it might be revived (Joe, are you looking for a new hobby?). Besides the documentation page, which I use A LOT, there are a lot of features that I don't lend themselves to the forum format - e.g. lost/not found. Maybe we should be glad that we still have the site at all...

I offered to take the site over at the time that Dan volunteered. I would again consider taking the site over. I would need to know where / or who is hosting it currently. I originally joined the Yahoo group back in 1999. My site (lotuseuropa.org) has been up since 2003. This forum has been up since April of 2012.  I have been considering re-writing and updating LotusEuropa.org for some time. I would need some volunteer help with maintenance on the forum. I am on the road with Motorcycle Racing 10 weeks out of the year; from April to September. Bring all the information under one site would be convenient. This all assumes Dan wants to give it up.

Besides .ORG I also have .NET, .CLUB, .INFO. LotusEuropa.com has been pointed to .ORG for many years although I don't own .COM.
« Last Edit: Thursday,November 15, 2018, 08:48:28 PM by LotusJoe »
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline BDA

« Reply #6 on: Thursday,November 15, 2018, 08:57:15 PM »
From what I can tell, Dan would likely be willing let it go and how cool would it combine lotus-europa.com with the  lotuseuropa.org forum!

I wish I could help you with maintenance but I know nothing about internet programing.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #7 on: Thursday,November 15, 2018, 11:31:52 PM »
I would need some volunteer help with maintenance on the forum. I am on the road with Motorcycle Racing 10 weeks out of the year; from April to September. Bring all the information under one site would be convenient. This all assumes Dan wants to give it up.
What sort of volunteer help would you need Joe ? 

I am far from a coding genius and my skills ( ::)  )  are rusty  because it's a hobby that I tend to do in random bursts, but I can usually bumble through the simple stuff.  If it's not basic code but software driven (typical site-builder stuff)  then I've more chance of getting there but I'll admit I've never looked at the workings of forums before.

Brian