Author Topic: FS '73 Twin Cam Big Valve engine(in pieces)  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Pete Gossett

FS '73 Twin Cam Big Valve engine(in pieces)
« on: Thursday,September 13, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »
Well, it's time to start funding my Zetec swap(and actually getting started on the entire car, for that matter), so I'm posting the first of my two twinks for sale(the other engine is complete and still installed in the '72, so it will be a while before I can get it out).

Here's the whole story on the engine that is listed here:

The PO picked up the '73 as a frame donor for his '72. This engine had a stuck piston, the car had been abandoned at a mechanic's and the title signed over. The PO was able to free the piston, and bought a new piston/rings and gasket set - and that's where progress stopped. The odometer reads somewhere over 40,000mi on this car, so I believe that is the true mileage on this engine as well.

What is included is the bottom-end as pictured - which has the distributor, fuel pump, and full rotating assembly; the head - with cams, valve cover and carburettors; and other miscellaneous bits: I'm pretty sure I have everything for the front timing cover/waterpump assembly in a box, as well as the oil pan. What I am not 100% sure of is whether every nut and bolt for reassembly is present. Having never wrenched on one of these, I just don't know what goes where. The buyer - potential or otherwise - is welcome to come rummage about and see what is here, otherwise I'll do my best to include anything I believe is a part of the engine assembly.

It is located in Rossville, IL(USA, 60963), and I will pack and ship everything at the buyers actual cost. I accept PayPal, US Postal money order, cash, or Europa performance parts/Zetec swap items in trade. Price is $1000.00 for the entire lot - at this time, I am not willing to separate.

Please let me know if you have questions, or need detailed pictures of anything in particular.

Thanks!
Pete

Offline Hannu

Re: FS '73 Twin Cam Big Valve engine(in pieces)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,November 29, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
Hi,
Would you have any idea on shipping cost to the U.K. ?
Regards
Bryan

Offline cal44

Re: FS '73 Twin Cam Big Valve engine(in pieces)
« Reply #2 on: Thursday,November 29, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »
Bryan,

I think Pete sold that engine rather quickly.  Send him a PM as he may not read the ads much. 

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines