Author Topic: '73 TCS on Hemmings  (Read 1338 times)

Offline BDA

'73 TCS on Hemmings
« on: Friday,December 22, 2017, 11:06:28 AM »
There were a couple of TCs that went for $30,000 or more recently. There were some others that I noticed didn't participate in the latest higher prices. Should we think that the $30,000 price point the max?

Then I found this listing at Hemmings (https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/lotus/europa/2049245.html). It's a very nice (apparently 5 speed) TC example running Webers. There are some nice enhancements such a leather covered crashp pad, very nice carpeting, custom magnesium wheels, Banks boot gas strut kit, gold heat insulation and a beautiful custom ~170 hp engine. It appears flawless (though the pictures could be more complete) but is it worth the $55,000 (!!!!) price tag? I wish the seller all the luck in the world!
« Last Edit: Friday,December 22, 2017, 11:12:49 AM by BDA »

Offline Certified Lotus

Re: '73 TCS on Hemmings
« Reply #1 on: Friday,December 22, 2017, 02:35:03 PM »
Weber engine cars get more $$$. Trust me on that. It’s why I build Weber Engines for my Lotus rebuilds. The engine builder on this car is top notch and very expensive. Would be easy to spend $12K to $20K on the engine build alone.

The side lights have been removed and filled as well as the antenna hole (all of which I am doing on my rebuild).

Nice paint job and interior finish.

It’s what I hope my car to look like when it’s done, just not as expensive.
« Last Edit: Saturday,December 23, 2017, 02:33:30 AM by Certified Lotus »

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Friday,December 22, 2017, 03:43:37 PM »
No doubt a Weber head is a valuable enhancement but even with everything else, $55,000 seems pretty rich even for a car as beautiful as his. I'm praying he gets it! Europa prices have been trailing Elan prices by too much for too long!

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #3 on: Saturday,December 23, 2017, 12:33:11 AM »
I think that's one of the best rebuilds I've seen in a long while, a lot of skill has gone into that interior. I like the carpet choice as well, it's not shouting out that it's custom but a nice subtle change from the norm. 

Is it worth the money ? I've no idea but if you want a turnkey Europa that's got to be in the running.