Author Topic: Artist in my garage...fun project  (Read 1213 times)

Offline dakazman

Artist in my garage...fun project
« on: Sunday,March 11, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »
My Creative Director daughter decided to have me make some advertising props ..
I keep saying yes. Not 6 tall tiki heads this time 😀 Good family fun!

Dakazman

Offline BDA

Re: Artist in my garage...fun project
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,March 11, 2018, 06:53:07 PM »
Man, that's a great work space! Great place for father-daughter projects!

Offline dakazman

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,March 11, 2018, 07:27:58 PM »
Even the wife came out to inspect.

Good thing the yours is a tattoo artist.
Dakazman

Offline buzzer

« Reply #3 on: Monday,March 12, 2018, 02:02:29 AM »
Nice work!
And love the workshop space too👍
I’ve eventually managed to convince..I mean bully my wife into letting me extend my... I mean our garage. Had enough of not enough space.
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #4 on: Monday,March 12, 2018, 03:08:45 AM »
Nicely done Dakazman! Nothing better than working on shop projects with the kids. I’ve got two sons that were always wanting to build something or had some creative idea they wanted to explore. In the beginning we did everything together until they learned about using table saws, routers, drill press and planers. Once they were old enough they had free rain over the shop(s).

Buzzer, when my wife and I were doing our fourth renovation to our house (I like projects) I tour down our detached two car shed roof garage and had the architect draw up plans for a 1000 sq ft column free garage. All my wife saw was three garage doors and built-in cabinets for her side of the garage. At the time she didn’t understand my side held 3 cars and had space for a workshop......behind two of the three garage doors.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #5 on: Monday,March 12, 2018, 04:17:04 AM »
Buzzer , dont give up ..even though this is a oversize 3 car garage attached to the house my wife now wants me to build a detattached 2car garage. The Secret, run the compressor or any loud equipment as much as possible.  Lol...

Certified,  I do have a whole cabinet now for the wife and one for the granddaughter who loves hammering nails. Just last year i built a shed and moved all the bikes and lawn equipment out there. Renavated one. Designed and built this home, 3800 sq ft. under air and 6300 sq ft under roof, house on my own., i did contractout

some work , trusses , roofing , some masonary. one daughter
can frame a house, use a chain saw and vacuums her car. The tattoo artist can paint a car but gets out of cleaning it .lol

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #6 on: Monday,March 12, 2018, 05:13:14 AM »
I concur with the "nice shop" comments. My tiny shop in the basement (no garage) of our 200+ year old house is overwhelmed with simultaneous car, house and boat projects. The shopvac is full of wood sawdust, fiberglass dust and metal chips all at the same time. I'm on the lookout for a good "temporary garage" structure (aka tent) for summer car projects.

btw - I imagine an airbrush in the hands of a tattoo artist could yield interesting results.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline dakazman

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday,March 13, 2018, 07:22:17 PM »
Surf , my first home was a home built in 1920’s cape cod , one central floor heater and 30 amp knob and tube wiring .which I renovated-to a two story contemporary passive solar design.. The tattooist
tried it for awhile but prefers a brush or her computer graphics...

Completed the other artists project and delivered it to a graphic shop for them to complete some sort of wrap . Now I have a project empty garage😀 to continue painting my s2.
Dakazman