Lotus Europa Forums > eBay - Craigslist Ads - Other Listings

eBay: 1973 Black TC Special with a fuel injected Zetec

(1/5) > >>

LotusJoe:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Lotus-Europa-Special/222788502060?hash=item33df3ac22c:g:SpgAAOSwjIVaU8m8&vxp=mtr

Looks like a nice Zetec conversion.

BDA:
That's a very nice car!

I'm not a fan of the dual exhaust but I suspect that makes it much quieter than my car. It looks like it has Koni replacement shocks (the front shocks seem to have the larger diameter stock springs and they are that distinctive orange color. Also, the spring perches do not appear to be adjustable.). This is not necessarily a bad thing but I prefer the more modern shocks that are available now. I realize I'm picking nits a bit so I won't mention other enhancements I think would be "expected" but it looks like there is no access to the timing belt. If that's true, that would have to be rectified.

I think the Zetec engine swap is maybe the best choice. There are a lot of great things about this car. I hope the seller gets a very good price. It appears to be worth it!

4129R:
Looks to be JPS #190.

Shame its originality has been spoiled.

andy harwood:
True all the above comments.
Sent seller a question about original engine and mileage, answer following.
"Don’t have original engine. A few thousand miles on new engine. Have invoice from 2007 88000 Miles $12000 worth of work."

BDA:
Looking at it again, I noticed the lower links are bent presumably to get the correct rear camber. That implies to me that there was some modifications but he appears to have otherwise retained the stock rear suspension. I'm not sure why it would need more positive camber and if it did why he didn't make or buy adjustable lower links...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version