Author Topic: Europa TC at VARA - Button Willow CA  (Read 9196 times)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Europa TC at VARA - Button Willow CA
« Reply #15 on: Monday,February 18, 2013, 11:15:48 PM »
That looks great, the combustion chamber looks as good as new !  Nice to hear of these skills still being around.

Brian

Offline twncmracer

« Reply #16 on: Saturday,April 06, 2013, 12:32:22 PM »
oops,resize the pics...

Offline twncmracer

« Reply #17 on: Saturday,April 06, 2013, 12:42:19 PM »
but lost the text!ok here's the rest:

Posting pics for Mecky to see.  Car is prepped as per   http://gglotus.org/ggtech/europa-racecar/europaracer.htm

Brakes are very good. Never had any fading problems; Rear pads are stock size w the backing plate from the Triumph herald sedan/ front is from Triumph GT6;Using standard race pads for "street legal" tires. the pads for slicks would be too aggressive.
Cooling shows the full ducting and diversion tube to the oil cooler which is in the L front fender well. the radiator is the stock one. I've never had cooling problems with this setup.

The car runs well. I'm not that experienced as a driver, but with the race engine (prior used just the stock build in order to get some learning experience) it'll keep up with the datsun 240Z's on the straight. The Z's  currently are the front running cars. I'm running US style vintage road racing.

topper

Offline Mecky

• Lotus Europa Racing
« Reply #18 on: Sunday,April 07, 2013, 03:21:18 AM »
Hi,

thank you for posting the pics. This airbox looks impressive. I like it.

How do you set up the brake proportioning? Would you tell me the diameter of pistons of your master cylinders? (Maybe as PM, so that your opponents don't get to know your secret)
We installed a balance bar braking system now as well, but are not able to test it on track before our first race in three weeks.

Best regards

Stefan

Offline twncmracer

« Reply #19 on: Sunday,April 07, 2013, 04:06:38 PM »
Brake proportioning is set to 50/50 front rear; I haven't done any specific testing at this % , but  I'm not locking up more towards the front or rear. I don't run  in the rain. My car weighs  about 1,450 pounds w 1/8 tank of  gas.  Brake cylinder sizes are both 5/8";