Author Topic: Classic Lotus Europa Advertisment  (Read 2626 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Classic Lotus Europa Advertisment
« on: Monday,July 30, 2012, 03:49:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is an advertisement from the UK.
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Classic Lotus Europa Advertisment
« Reply #1 on: Monday,July 30, 2012, 11:25:29 PM »
Yep, I think you're right.  Back in the 60s us Brits seemed to be quite taken with the space age theme with you guys taking trips to the moon and back, and I remember seeing a round television for sale on an antiques TV program recently so your picture got me digging.

Apparently the Keracolor Sphere TV range was invented by man called Arthur Bracegirdle back in 1968.  In the early 70s they had floorstanding and hanging TVs, wood-effect models, even one with a built-in 8-track player.

And for anyone wanting to live the 60s dream, they're back in production with modern internals.  You can get either a 20" or 25" TVs, floorstanding or hanging and with a choice of colour. They retail for £1045 for the 20" and £1445 for the 25". To put that in perspective for you guys over the pond, in the UK you can get a half decent 25" TV for between £200-£300, so you're paying quite a lot for that fibreglass ball.  No doubt you can't get any bigger screens because they wouldn't go through the average UK front door !

(Edit to add - I think they've gone bust again, their website isn't responding now)

Found another picture as well....  same place just a different angle.
« Last Edit: Monday,July 30, 2012, 11:32:22 PM by EuropaTC »

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Re: Classic Lotus Europa Advertisment
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,July 31, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
Very cool history. Thanks for the details. Your right, the nostalgia has a cool factor, but it's not that cool at the high price. Plus any more it takes up a lot of room.

:coolpic:
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)