Author Topic: Taking the chassis out of a Europa S1 series.  (Read 1572 times)

Offline HARDYCA

Taking the chassis out of a Europa S1 series.
« on: Sunday,June 19, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »
Hey folks,

OK,  So I have a 1967 Europa S1 sitting in storage right now waiting to be worked on.  Of course the chassis is toast so I will need to remove it.  I have seen discussions on several sites weighing the pros and cons of taking an S1 type chassis out through the firewall vs out through the bottom. 

What I have NOT seen are any step by step guides or photos showing either process.

(They must be out there somewhere the internet has EVERYTHING.  Right?)

Does anyone out there know of such a collection of instructions, pictures or videos of either?

Thanks for the help.

Carl

Offline jbcollier

Re: Taking the chassis out of a Europa S1 series.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,June 19, 2016, 03:54:24 PM »
Technical questions should be in the garage section.  This section is where they put already completed technical articles

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: Taking the chassis out of a Europa S1 series.
« Reply #2 on: Monday,June 20, 2016, 06:03:44 AM »
Hey folks,

OK,  So I have a 1967 Europa S1 sitting in storage right now waiting to be worked on.  Of course the chassis is toast so I will need to remove it.  I have seen discussions on several sites weighing the pros and cons of taking an S1 type chassis out through the firewall vs out through the bottom. 

What I have NOT seen are any step by step guides or photos showing either process.

(They must be out there somewhere the internet has EVERYTHING.  Right?)

Does anyone out there know of such a collection of instructions, pictures or videos of either?

Thanks for the help.

Dang it, I was hoping that you had a write up on the process. I may be in the same boat in the next couple of years.

Joji Tokumoto
Fallbrook, Ca

Carl