Author Topic: DASH TOP FOR LOTUS EUROPA S2 ONWARDS. EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST  (Read 920 times)

Offline Lotus 47

DASH TOP FOR LOTUS EUROPA S2 ONWARDS. EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
« on: Wednesday,September 28, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »
When I restored my car, I needed a new dash top.

I shipped a part from the UK and it was the most appalling piece of work I'd ever seen. I shipped it back.

So I made a pattern, then made a mould, and produced about 15 dash tops. We have a local company that specializes in re-skinning dash tops. The Australian sun has a tendency to destroy most things plastic, and the local guys do a fantastic job restoring the unrestorable.

My substrate is fiberglass (I make them by hand in a 3-stage lay-up), and the shop vac-forms a grained vinyl skin over the top, then paint it in a satin black. They look fabulous. They need trimming to fit perfectly.

Frankly they are a real pain in the butt to make, but the finished product is better than the original in my opinion. And if you want to keep your car looking stock, and not have a stitch-line running along the trailing edge of the dash top, then this is the ducks nuts.

These things are a really crappy shape to ship - mainly fresh air.

You can see a few photos of one at the link below

http://lotus-europa.com/0119q/

So after this fantastic sales spin, I will consider making a batch.

Available in any colour as long as it is black!

My indicative price is US$350+ ex Melbourne Australia. I am happy to ship a bulk lot to the US/UK to minimize the overseas shipping costs.

If you email me richard.mann047@gmail.com, I'll collate your interest then advise if I am going to proceed.