Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Toyota 2GR swap

(1/3) > >>

Clifton:
The plan is a Toyota 2GR with S54 (90+MR2) trans and axles and MK1 MR2 rear suspension. I  pulled the suspension and engine/tras out this week. Last night I picked up an 86 MR2 parts car. I'll use the rear suspension off it, maybe some of the a/c parts if I can. This will keep me busy for a little while I look for the trans, engine and other misc stuff. 

BDA:
I'm not up on all the Toyota engine numbers, but I assume you're talking about the 4A-GE motor. That's a great motor and it's a pretty popular engine swap, but I've only heard of people linking it up with one of the Renault gearboxes (NG-3, 365, etc.) rather than the Toyota units which makes the swap a lot easier. That's not to say your plan is impractical. You might want to talk to Richard at Banks (banks-europa.co.uk) as he has done lots of different engine swaps and probably knows more about Europas than anybody.

Good luck and keep us up to date!

Clifton:
The 2GR is a 3.5 V6. Fairly light for a V6.  They make around 270-280hp to the wheels. Lighter than the 5sfe in the later Mr2's. I don't know about the 4age though. They do have iron blocks too.

blasterdad:
Looks like you're off to a great start!
Are you going to use any of the Lotus rear suspension? IE, radius arms, hub carriers, ect..

BDA:

--- Quote from: Clifton on Friday,February 06, 2015, 06:19:43 PM ---The 2GR is a 3.5 V6. Fairly light for a V6.  They make around 270-280hp to the wheels. Lighter than the 5sfe in the later Mr2's. I don't know about the 4age though. They do have iron blocks too.

--- End quote ---
I saw references to a V6 but I wasn't sure that's what it was. That should really move out!

Since you put this thread in the 'Paddock' area, are you planning on racing it? What kind of racing?
Let us know how it goes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version