Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

House remodel

<< < (2/28) > >>

Grumblebuns:
A house with a built in rodent abatement system, can't beat that. I hope you keep her. I have two rescue cats myself.

BDA:
I second Grumblebuns on the rodent abatement system (even though I'm a dog person)! We have two of them here and they are very worthwhile companions. I think it's time to invest in cat food!

andy harwood:
Wow C Nukem, you do keep your plate full.
Having gutted my old house,  bracing the roof up  with old ceiling rafters while rebuilding walls and raising the ceiling, can empathize with you on your project.
Just think how nice it will be at finish - and all the monies you'll be saving going the DIY route!

Chuck Nukem:
Andy, sounds like we have a bit in common! I have really enjoyed the work so far. compared to getting a panel flat for painting, house work is almost instant gratification.

The cats are staying. The kittens are too cute to give away...besides that is the only way I can get my girlfriend to go work with me at the house "Darling don't you want to see the little ones..."

Chuck Nukem:
Well the popcorn is out now. I have sanded most of the texture off the walls. Trim is gone as well as most of the flooring. Most of the broken doors/frames are out and the fire place is on its way. Should be getting on with priming the walls and ceilings this week in preparation for a skim coat. The windows are trickling in at home depot, but I am still waiting on the bulk of them. The three curved windows are in so I may grab them tonight and see how accurate my measurements were...Those were the only ones I was worried about as they were two piece with a semi circle on top and I ordered them as picture frame windows in a single piece. 

Who wants to come to Denton and smash some windows out with me??? Beer will be provided :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version