Author Topic: newbie  (Read 3821 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Re: newbie
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday,October 29, 2013, 09:49:06 AM »
You have a big task in front of you. But it looks like it is all there. Now you need to start a build thread.
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline yelloeuropa

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday,October 29, 2013, 06:45:13 PM »
Well Sir; I can't exactly see where the build thread section/page is. Your help/advice is most welcome. THANKS. Rick

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday,October 30, 2013, 08:08:46 AM »
Right here in the Garage
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline yelloeuropa

« Reply #18 on: Thursday,October 31, 2013, 05:25:25 PM »
O.K. Would it not be possible to use this thread? as my starting point since I have most of the basic info posted? If there is a requirement for a build thread to be a mechanical remake, or that thread is in a different area,I'll start over.

A pic of my Cimbria SS, as long as the forum gods don't get me banned.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #19 on: Friday,November 01, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
I had to do some googling to learn me about the Cimbria. An interesting kit car and quite stylish. I like its lines and it looks to be much more refined than other kits of the era. Very interesting.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline yelloeuropa

« Reply #20 on: Friday,November 01, 2013, 06:55:18 PM »
Trevor; thanks for the Cimbria likes. I'm afraid it may take president over the lotus in the line up of projects. Not that either one is a more involved task, just I want to do the Cimbria first. In fact, the lotus is an easier rebuild as far as the mechanical parts involved, The cimbria will need a complete tube frame surround to include a fiero space frame chopped up, fittinjg a 4.9 caddy, etc. since the lotus was dry stored for 32 yrs., it is in need of a frame off redo, fix any bad spots, welding & etc. &
rebuild/replace the components where needed. I've very recently tho't of a fiero 2.8 V-6, 5 spd, fiero front end, etc. Might
have to frame out the backbone frame,w/firewall & cowl stiffener. But what a sleeper it would be. I've already done the measurements--fitment is close(enough)! Rattled on too much. How's your project coming along? Rick

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #21 on: Monday,November 04, 2013, 05:56:06 AM »
Are you saying Fiero 2.8 for the Europa? Very interesting swap. I've not heard of that one before, but once I think about it, I wonder why. Fiero bits should be plentiful and cheap. Very interesting indeed.

My Europa is on the road, but with the weather getting colder I'll be putting her to bed for the winter soon. I usually keep driving until early December when salt first shows up on the road, but driving into work this morning I think I saw a bit of salt sprinkled on a particularly steep hill. My Lotus driving may end early this year  :-\
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline yelloeuropa

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday,November 05, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »
For sure, I'd put my toys up also to keep that salt off them. The fiero swap is just a chance, I got the tranny into neutral finally so I could tow it to the yard for now & I got the starter to kick it over--once. SOOOO, it may not be froze up after all. And in that case it will be best to keep it bone stock.  As it turns out, this car has never been registered in the States. It seems like a G.I. may have shipped it here as they were re-assigned back stateside, the S.C. inspection was done in 80-81 with an overseas tag number which I will keep on the car. Kind of unique circumstances . Also, there is a medallion on the drivers side rear quarter panel that has it as being best engineered?? thru 1973?? Not sure if this should be there since it is a 1970 model.
I have a couple fieros for spares, so a swap could be cheap right now. Rick