Author Topic: Renault S2  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Steve Carpenter

Renault S2
« on: Thursday,November 17, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
 :newhere:
Thought you might like a laugh... my retirement project as purchased before starting work.

Offline BDA

Re: Renault S2
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,November 17, 2016, 02:40:28 PM »
That ought to keep you off the streets (and maybe out of the pubs!) for a while!

Keep us up to date with your project! Good luck!

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #2 on: Friday,November 18, 2016, 08:16:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum. That's quite a project. Needs a bit of work, but a lot of that will polish right out. Good luck and keep us posted. Cheers  :beerchug:
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #3 on: Friday,November 18, 2016, 08:33:15 AM »
Call that a project ?   Bit of T-Cut, furniture polish and a soupcon of weedkiller and you'll be wondering what to do for the afternoon !    :)

Ok, ok, I'll stop joking, maybe you'll be a touch late for last orders......

Welcome to the forum, that's a definite "suit enthusiast" car.   Is there a tale behind it, it looks like it's been stuck at the back of someone's yard for years ?  I'm always fascinated by how these cars keep turning up, so how did you come about it ?

cheers,

Brian

Offline Steve Carpenter

« Reply #4 on: Monday,November 28, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
 How did I come to buy it?...Too much red wine and egged on by the wife one evening on the web! The guy who moved it recons most of the paint was blown off in the wind on the M4. The car has only had 5 owners from new and still has its original engine. Before I bought it it was 'carefully' stored outdoors for 30 + years under an oak tree.

To prove, see the pic of the clutch, it got in there somehow! Anyway 16 coats of paint removed plus loads and loads of underseal everywhere.

Now trying to sort the door shut line... but it stops me looking at daytime telly and going down the pub

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Monday,November 28, 2016, 01:00:16 PM »
It looks like you've made a good start! Is that a rotisserie? They are very handy!

Keep us up to date with your progress!

Offline buzzer

« Reply #6 on: Monday,December 12, 2016, 08:28:23 AM »
Oh and with a lovely 70's sunroof!. good luck with the project and did it only take you a week to strip off the paint! you're on a roll.
I'm in year 3 of my head case project!

have fun.

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline Steve Carpenter

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday,December 14, 2016, 01:46:44 AM »
To get the paint and underseal off was a long long job, had some help...it was a lot more than a week! Car is down on stands again now and the spit reduced back to an assortment of bits/scrap that were lying around. I've just finshed jacking the screen pillars back into the correct place and reinforcing them with a folded steel angle glassed in and building the windscreen flanges up to fit the new screen so I can get on with sorting the doors and the shut gaps...it's getting there though,  but then I did want a challenge!

Will post a few more pics in the next couple of days

Offline Steve Carpenter

« Reply #8 on: Monday,December 19, 2016, 01:44:21 PM »
Still having ''fun'...rear bulkhead replaced and windscreen aperture flanges modified to suit replacement screen with new rubbers and adjusted stiffened windscreen posts to sort door shut lines

Offline BDA

« Reply #9 on: Monday,December 19, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
That's looking good, Healey! Hopefully, you'll have properly sealing doors!