Author Topic: Mirror image  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Certified Lotus

Re: Mirror image
« Reply #15 on: Monday,December 18, 2017, 05:45:54 AM »
Probably owing to the fact that it was a little after five in the morning, you forgot to post the pictures, Certified!!
Well, I had picked the photos and hit download with the post and then got on a conference call to Asia.  Came back to find the photo size was too large so just posted the words while resizing the photos. Got on another conference call and just had the chance to attach the right file size.

One day my business life won't get in the way of my hobbies  8) 8) 8)

Offline BDA

« Reply #16 on: Monday,December 18, 2017, 06:04:30 AM »
Hopefully that day will be much sooner rather than later!  :)

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday,December 20, 2017, 01:30:42 AM »
Thank you Gents, as ever a mine of fantastic experience and advice.  I bought black bullet mirrors for mine and will play around with them in the new year.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday,December 20, 2017, 01:40:57 AM »
Thank you Gents, as ever a mine of fantastic experience and advice.  I bought black bullet mirrors for mine and will play around with them in the new year.  Merry Christmas everyone.

If you got the same size/style mirrors as I currently have fitted to mine and they have a plain flat mirror in them, then you can fit a very slight convex mirror instead.   This doesn't make a radical difference but does increase the angle of view without giving you that "fish-eye" effect that a noticeably convex mirror does.  I bought mine from this place on Ebay;

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/phoenixwingmirrors/

As your S2 will be slightly different from mine (seating position, etc) you might not need them but it's worth bearing in mind if you're struggling on the passenger side.

Brian

ps - have you driven it on the roads yet ?  Pictures at scenic views expected y'know.....   ;)

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday,December 20, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
No I haven’t driven her yet.  I have one more job to do after Christmas and then take her for MOT. It was tempting to wait till May when the new law comes in but I don’t want to waste 5 months. I’m hoping to have a period of testing and running in and make sure everything is just right.  My first big day out will be the Donnington Historic event.

Offline Nick74R

« Reply #20 on: Friday,December 22, 2017, 07:49:20 AM »
I spent several months contemplating the mirror issue and came up with SPA race mirrors with flat glass. Not the biggest in glass area, but they're better than nothing and also look good mounted on the door top. The passenger one is mounted slightly further back so as to prevent the A-pillar from obstructing the view from the driver's seat. I fabricated the stalk bases to follow the contours of the door top flange. To adjust them, one has to remove the inner door card (just held in with Velcro on mine and use an allen key on the underside. The attached photo hopefully shows this.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #21 on: Friday,December 22, 2017, 08:57:43 AM »
Another nice thing about SPA, and other, racing mirrors is that you can easily swap in convex glass if you like.