Author Topic: 3675R Restoration  (Read 32985 times)

Offline TheKid#9

3675R Restoration
« on: Thursday,August 02, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »
Hey Everyone! Glad to see an actual Europa Forum! We Needed One Badly!! That Yahoo group is confusing even though I've gotten use to it, but still a forum is much much better!

By now some of you may know me. My name is Chris Winfree and I'm restoring a 1974 Lotus Europa TCS 3675R with my dad. I've had it a little over a year, and it is coming along great! We just got the body finished and got it down to the paint shop today!  :D We have done a lot to this car, and we are trying to get it finished by October so I can go to the LOG. I almost have everything to finish the car except some parts that are on the way, but when I get those I will have everything and I will finish it as soon as possible!

I have already posted a build log on LotusTalk, but I will post on here now as well as LotusTalk! Here is the Link at LotusTalk for everyone- http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f120/16-years-old-europa-100761/
I'll start posting pictures after my body has been painted, and than I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks Chris

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: 3675R Restoration
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,August 02, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »
Hello and welcome Chris,

I'm one of those lurkers on your blog on lotustalk and you've done some very impressive work there. I agree with you though, a proper forum (with pictures  :) )  makes life so much easier and so I have great hopes for what Joe has started here.

I'll look forward to your postings and the final build up of your car when it's painted. (are you staying with black or changing colour ?)

Brian

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #2 on: Friday,August 03, 2012, 02:15:44 AM »
 :Welcome:
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Friday,August 03, 2012, 08:33:28 AM »
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. I agree with your assessment of the yahoo message board; a bunch of great guys there but the message board format is a pain to deal with. Like you I was excited to find a proper Europa forum and hope it continues to grow.

I'm glad you will be posting progress of your restoration on this forum. I've been watching on Lotustalk and I must say you are doing good things there. Looking forward to seeing pics of the new paint.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #4 on: Friday,August 03, 2012, 10:22:07 AM »
Thanks Everyone!

EuropaTC- I will be changing the color to Blue. The original color was Regency Red, L11, but I've always liked Lagoon blue, L12. The Lagoon Blue paint comes from UK, but was expensive. So I did some searching and found Flame Blue Metallic from a 2010 Ford Truck. It looks great in person and I hope it will look great on my Europa!

I'll Keep up the Good Work!

Offline benbeames

« Reply #5 on: Friday,August 03, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
Can't wait to see it painted!

Ben

Offline cal44

« Reply #6 on: Friday,August 03, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »
Chris,

It is nice you found this website.  My hopes are this will be "the Europa" website.....of course thanks to Joe.

Yes....pix....and hurry with details....engine, trans, suspension.  I want it all.  The heck with Lotus.net.........those guys are a bunch of polishers anyway.........  :/

The wheels were done so well it is hard to believe the before and after.  Downside?  the car now has to be as good as the wheels.............the pressure is on laddie............let the spending continue!

Mike
« Last Edit: Friday,August 03, 2012, 04:17:43 PM by cal44 »
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline 3929R

« Reply #7 on: Thursday,August 09, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
Your Europa looks great Chris.  You are lucky to be working on it with your father.  I am driving the Europa my father bought in 1973, but the way life worked out I never worked on it with him or drove it till a decade after his death.
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #8 on: Friday,August 17, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »
The car is done being painted!  :D The Color Looks Fantastic!

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #9 on: Friday,August 17, 2012, 10:11:57 PM »
That really is great, the reflections in the surfaces as it comes out of the paint shop are amazing.  I can see that a few days polishing after it's fully hardened and it will be winning prizes in shows.

Do you have the car home now and ready for re-assembly ? Every part added is going to make the colour come alive even more.

Brian

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #10 on: Friday,August 17, 2012, 10:20:16 PM »
That really is great, the reflections in the surfaces as it comes out of the paint shop are amazing.  I can see that a few days polishing after it's fully hardened and it will be winning prizes in shows.

Do you have the car home now and ready for re-assembly ? Every part added is going to make the colour come alive even more.

Brian

Yes it is a stunner! I hope it wins prizes in shows! Thanks!
Nope I don't have it home yet. I will be picking it up sometime next week, than I will be assembling it!

Offline cal44

« Reply #11 on: Saturday,August 18, 2012, 05:30:07 AM »
Chris,

the color looks perfect on the car.     Take your time................it will pay off.

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline benbeames

« Reply #12 on: Saturday,August 18, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »
 :coolpic: :trophy:

Offline gtlotus

« Reply #13 on: Saturday,August 18, 2012, 09:31:13 AM »
Looks great! You should be proud. :trophy:

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday,August 28, 2012, 04:53:33 AM »
Looks awesome, Chris. Exciting times :pirate:
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor