Author Topic: My S2 project is now a driver!  (Read 5988 times)

Offline BDA

Re: My S2 project is now a driver!
« Reply #30 on: Sunday,August 06, 2017, 08:18:38 PM »
Very nicely done, Lotus7! It looks like you've done an outstanding job! I'm anxious to hear/see more about your A/C installation as you continue.

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #31 on: Monday,August 07, 2017, 03:45:58 AM »
Nice installation. Any idea How much HP from that engine/carb set up?

Offline Lotus7

• From the Pit Wall
« Reply #32 on: Monday,August 07, 2017, 06:21:33 AM »
I've not had it on a dyno so everything is just a guess. Years ago I remember see a lot f incremental mods on a stock Ford Focus engine. With headers similar (or identical?) to the ones I have and individual tb's they saw about 150hp on the dyno. To get more than that they had to do a lot of work to the engine. So my guess would be about 150hp. I'm using stock Ford injectors and an Emerald K3 ECU. I have it in their 'adaptive' mode so it is slowly learning exactly where the injection amounts should be. I have most of the map set to between 13.5 and 14.5 fuel ratio depending on the RPM's and throttle position.

Offline Fred

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday,February 13, 2018, 02:52:28 PM »
Outstanding!!!
Did you do all the 47 mods, door scopes, and turn signals. I really love it! Did you flare the frount also?
Thanks
Fred

Offline Lotus7

• From the Pit Wall
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday,February 14, 2018, 07:13:32 AM »
Yes, we (a friend and myself) did all of the mods to the car.

The NACA/type47 ducts started life with Richard at Banks Engineering in England. Everything else was done by hand.

The front fenders are flared but not too much. Biggest change on the front was the shape of the wheel opening to match those at the rear.

Thanks for the nice comment, I'm glad people like the final result!

Offline Serge

• http://sleurs-motorsport.com
    • Sleurs Motorsport
« Reply #35 on: Monday,February 19, 2018, 02:49:06 AM »
The car looks great! Something you can be very proud of!

Would it be possible to give some dimensions of the rear brake disc? The 2009 US model Focus isn't the same in Europe. But I would like to cross-check some dimensions with some other models.

Overall diameter
centre hole diameter
offset

Thanks in advance,

Serge

Offline Lotus7

• From the Pit Wall
« Reply #36 on: Monday,February 19, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »
The car looks great! Something you can be very proud of!

Would it be possible to give some dimensions of the rear brake disc? The 2009 US model Focus isn't the same in Europe. But I would like to cross-check some dimensions with some other models.

Overall diameter
centre hole diameter
offset

Thanks in advance,

Serge

Serge, I'm glad you like the looks of the car, I know I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

The Raybestos part number for the rear rotors is: 680035. They are 2000-2007 Ford Focus rear rotors - US spec.

The Raybestos catalog lists them as 9.950 diameter and 0.395 thickness with 1.300 height. It does not list the center hole diameter. I bored the center hole out to either 67mm or 72mm. Then made a ring that fits from the Europa hub (62mm or 63mm) center to this larger size. This adapter ring piece centers both the rotor on the hub and the wheel rim on the hub. The 67 or 72 (wow, I have a bad memory today) was picked to match the match the rim centers holes.

I also had to bore new bolt stud holes. The Focus are 4x4.25" and my hubs were machined to 4x100mm. I choose that size lug pattern to increase the available rim choices.

Hope this helps!

Lee