Author Topic: New Cast uprights & Ron Parola  (Read 770 times)

Offline andy harwood

New Cast uprights & Ron Parola
« on: Friday,July 21, 2017, 11:56:40 AM »
This topic has been brought up before. Don't know if you remember Ron Parola, but about 3 years ago he posted some of his Europa build. He did a heck of a job! He also had new uprights cast. Today on Craigslist, I saw a Europa that looks familiar - It is Ron's. Listed yesterday, sold today. Ron has some medical issues and a friend has handled the sale. He is going to ask Ron about where he got his uprights cast. Didn't know if I should put this here -sale section or....

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/lotus-europa/6227373435.html

Offline BDA

Re: New Cast uprights & Ron Parola
« Reply #1 on: Friday,July 21, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »
I hope Ron is able to overcome his medical issues soon! From the few pictures of his car, it seems like he didn't get nearly enough money for it.

I remember seeing a picture of his raw casting.

I don't need new uprights and I applaud his initiative in getting new ones cast, but I wonder if a fabricated upright would just as good or better than a cast upright. I think they could be stronger and nearly as light. They might even be less expensive depending on the production run.
« Last Edit: Saturday,July 22, 2017, 05:42:46 AM by BDA »

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: New Cast uprights & Ron Parola
« Reply #2 on: Friday,July 21, 2017, 10:20:01 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear Ron has medical problems so let's hope they are sorted and he gets on the road to recovery.  If you're reading this Ron, chin up mate.....