Author Topic: Yahoo Groups sign in  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

Yahoo Groups sign in
« on: Saturday,December 31, 2016, 07:14:58 AM »
Anyone else beside me having problems logging into any Yahoo groups? This is the third day that it's been going on.

Error message I get is :

Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content. 

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Yahoo Groups sign in
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,December 31, 2016, 09:32:57 AM »
I rarely log in, I usually just wait for the daily digest to arrive but after seeing your post I had a shot. It went in first time, but I'm using a Yahoo email account for the group and so it only asked me for the password.   Seems ok from the Uk end though.....

Brian

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #2 on: Saturday,December 31, 2016, 11:22:42 AM »
Thanks Brian. I stopped receiving individual emails earlier this year even though I didn't change my email preference. Now it appears that I'm totally locked out. Oh well  :confused:

Joji

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Saturday,December 31, 2016, 11:36:15 AM »
FWIW, I got in without issue.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #4 on: Saturday,December 31, 2016, 10:31:17 PM »
Hi again Joji, (and Happy New Year ! )

Something might be going on at Yahoo. As I said I don't normally bother with the website but after logging in yesterday when I switched on this morning there was an email supposedly from Yahoo telling me about account security and how I'd need to change my password the next time I logged in.

Given that my current password is a random selection of letters and numbers 10 characters long and so obscure that I can never remember it (I have to look it up every time I use it) I think there must be someone in Yahoo IT with time on their hands over the holidays.  Or they've been hacked but don't want to admit it ?

Brian

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #5 on: Sunday,January 01, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »
Thanks guys.

Brian, I got the same message several days ago about changing my password when I logged into Yahoo. Remembering all of the security issues Yahoo is recovering from, I went ahead and changed my password and that's when my login issues started. This morning, from the Yahoo groups preference page, I re-verified my email and some how that fixed my login issue, all normal again.