Author Topic: Fallbrook Vinage Car Club Car Show  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

Fallbrook Vinage Car Club Car Show
« on: Wednesday,May 06, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »
If you're in So Cal and have nothing planned for Sunday, May 24, stop by the Fallbrook Vintage Car Club Show in North San Diego County. If my black S2 can get down there without stalling again, I'll have it on display.

http://www.fallbrookvintagecarclub.org/fvcccarshow.html

Offline BDA

Re: Fallbrook Vinage Car Club Car Show
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,May 06, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
That S2 of yours really is a beauty, but what about your other Europas? Is the black one the only one on the road? Do you have a progress report for them? Inquiring minds and all...

I hope you make it to the show. Your S2 will surely turn a lot of heads!

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,May 07, 2015, 06:27:14 AM »
Thanks BDA. I decided to take only the black S2 this year. If I had thought ahead, I would have rounded up a couple of Lotus buddies to drive the black 73 TCS/JPS and my white 71 S2 down. Maybe next year.

Joji Tokumoto
Fallbrook, Ca   

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,May 07, 2015, 06:58:20 AM »
And then there's the one with the YBB motor... How's that coming? Any progress?

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #4 on: Friday,May 08, 2015, 06:14:52 AM »
Put on the back burner until I get the JPS and white S2 sold. I really need to get serious about trying to sell those two.

Joji Tokumoto
Fallbrook, Ca

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Friday,May 08, 2015, 07:28:53 AM »
I was beginning to wonder about you! Having one Europa is a hobby, two is an obsession, three is fanatical. I don't even know what having four Europas means!  ;D

Good luck with the sales!

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #6 on: Friday,May 08, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »
I was beginning to wonder about you! Having one Europa is a hobby, two is an obsession, three is fanatical. I don't even know what having four Europas means!  ;D

Good luck with the sales!

4 means wifey says "why have you bought another one, when you haven't fixed two of the others yet?"

She just doesn't realise.

She has lots of pairs of shoes, and can only wear one pair at a time, but that apparently is quite different.

Anyway having 4 in Norfolk is bringing them back home.

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #7 on: Friday,May 08, 2015, 02:02:22 PM »
I finally started drafting the for sale advert. Looking at the pictures I took of the car awhile back, they are not suitable for the ad. I need to make the car look more appealing. If the weather cooperates tomorrow, time to pull the JPS out from the back of the garage and it's wash and wax time for new pictures. Hope to have the for sale posting up by early next week.

4129R, as long as the neighbors don't complain, drag home as many as you can afford. At least they're safe under your ownership.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #8 on: Friday,May 08, 2015, 10:17:10 PM »
She has lots of pairs of shoes, and can only wear one pair at a time, but that apparently is quite different.

Of course it's different, whatever are you thinking ?   ::)    that wall-high cupboard stacked with shoes is irrelevant because they were all bought LAST YEAR !!!!  Good heavens man, she can't go out in last year's shoes !   And everyone's seen the red pair she bought last month because she wore them at the village show, so they don't count either. She just doesn't have any that she can wear........

:)

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #9 on: Monday,May 25, 2015, 06:48:23 AM »
The Lotus gods must have been smiling down on me yesterday. Like the perpetual procrastinator that I am, I left most of the car preparation until the night before. I at least made sure that it would start, and it did after being tucked away for almost a year. The S2 made it to and back from the car show with no issues, it ran beautifully. Apparently my troubleshooting had found the cause of last summers stalling during my trip into town and having the need to be towed back home. I took some pictures of the S2 at the event.

Offline BDA

« Reply #10 on: Monday,May 25, 2015, 06:56:32 AM »
I'm glad the crowds around your car (that surely were there!) parted for enough time for you to take some nice pictures!

Glad you got your problems sorted out!

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #11 on: Monday,May 25, 2015, 08:43:28 AM »
I took the pictures early in the show and just as the show was closing. I met quite a few attendees who had some Europa experience in their past, mostly fond memories.

The problem with the S2 turned out to be a broken rotor. The spring clip that secures the rotor on the distributor shaft was MIA. Don't know what happened to it. It's too bad such a simple problem kept the S2 off the road for almost a year. Blame it on a lazy owner.

Offline BDA

« Reply #12 on: Monday,May 25, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »
It looks like the weather was perfect! I'll bet it was a fun event!

I can relate to the lazy part! I need to get off my butt and get my car going. Unfortunately, I can't really start on it till tomorrow at the earliest. A friend from church who was also a fixture in the NC MG club (I'm a member, too. They'll take anybody! :) ) died and his funeral is tomorrow. All of us who can are bringing their Little British Cars to the funeral.

After that, I'll start turning wrenches!

Offline StrawberryCheesecake

« Reply #13 on: Monday,May 25, 2015, 02:11:26 PM »

Of course it's different, whatever are you thinking ?   ::)    that wall-high cupboard stacked with shoes is irrelevant because they were all bought LAST YEAR !!!!  Good heavens man, she can't go out in last year's shoes !   And everyone's seen the red pair she bought last month because she wore them at the village show, so they don't count either. She just doesn't have any that she can wear........

:)

and because all those shoes will rocket up in value, unlike those dirty old cars... oh hang on

Offline 3929R

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday,May 26, 2015, 04:36:54 PM »
 :coolpic:
Do they require a fire extinguisher by every entry?
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA