Author Topic: Myrtle Beach South Carolina sighting  (Read 1709 times)

Offline HelpMyLotus

Myrtle Beach South Carolina sighting
« on: Tuesday,April 04, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »
Spotted in a lot of a tiny repair shop.  At first I thought it was a Fiero or similar car.  I rounded the corner and spotted that bizarre rear panel of the Lotus Europa.  The intakes on the rear were decent, the fender flares pretty good but the car had suffered years of neglect.  I rounded the corner to a lot and walked back to ask about it.  I said "what's the story with the Europa?".   The What he asks.  I said "The Lotus".  Customer car (and walked away).   

Never mind.  Shot some shots and moved on.  I may go back and shoot the serial number for the fun of it.

Offline andy harwood

Re: Myrtle Beach South Carolina sighting
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,April 04, 2017, 04:53:10 PM »
A few years ago, there was a guy in Conway restoring a TC...

Online BDA

Re: Myrtle Beach South Carolina sighting
« Reply #2 on: Monday,February 25, 2019, 03:54:13 PM »
A guy in Raleigh bought that red TC and he got me to help him get it going. It's going to be a big job but a few weekends ago, we did get it running. It has SUs so I hope they have the right needles. It also needs a new clutch cable. Another fun thing about it is that it appears it was completely rewired. The new owner has a box which looks like the original wiring harness. We may be hearing from him, if we haven't already, as he goes along.