Author Topic: 70th Member Registered  (Read 1664 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
70th Member Registered
« on: Wednesday,December 26, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »
On this day the community membership reaches 70  :trophy:
« Last Edit: Wednesday,December 26, 2012, 07:41:25 PM by LotusJoe »
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline Mecky

• Lotus Europa Racing
Re: 70th Member Registered
« Reply #1 on: Monday,April 08, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »
Now we have 100 members :)

But I can't really understand, why so little guys from the Yahoo group join this foreum. :confused:

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,April 09, 2013, 11:01:51 PM »
But I can't really understand, why so little guys from the Yahoo group join this foreum. :confused:

I'm the same, I don't get it either.  Why use a system where pictures are stored in different places to the text and require more effort to dig them out ?

I use both formats and the only thing I can think of is that with Yahoo you get emails which prompt you to read or reply, so it's relatively little effort. You can do similar with this forum, but it's not automatic and you have to set up your own preferences so for many it's just more involved.

Joe - an idea ? Maybe you could set the default preferences so that whenever a new topic is raised an email is sent ? Of course people can turn it off, but it would make it more like the Yahoo group where every new topic or reply gets an email ?

Brian

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,April 10, 2013, 10:11:14 AM »
This option exist, but the default is to turn it on for a given board. You may only be interested in posts in the "garage" and not in "classifieds". You can turn notify on for every board if you like. I will check and see if the default can be changed to have notify on and a member has to go and turn notify off??

Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,April 10, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »
Yep, that's what I was thinking Joe. I have the option switched on for new topics as well as the ones I've replied to, but it was a surprise to see such an option existed and it's only recently that I've done it. People unfamiliar with how forums work these days (like me ?) might appreciate to know they can get notification of new topics without constantly checking the forum. If it's clear how to disable the option then I think it's no more an imposition than how the Yahoo group works ?

Brian