Author Topic: Adding a Photo Gallery to the forum...any interest?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Adding a Photo Gallery to the forum...any interest?
« on: Tuesday,September 11, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
I am considering adding the gallery modification to the forum. It would allow members to create their own photo gallery along with a blog. It might be worth while for those doing a restoration of special project that they want to memorialize. Thoughts?, comments?  :confused:

It could also be used for documenting a specific repair of modification.
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline benbeames

Re: Adding a Photo Gallery to the forum...any interest?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,September 11, 2012, 01:29:46 PM »
I would use that.  Would it let people know that new things have been posted or would we have to post new topics directing people to the album when something was added?

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,September 11, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »
Hi Joe,

I don't know, mainly because I don't really understand how it'd work in practice. I've looked at the photogallery link and while there are loads of great cars in there, it always seems like a bit of pot luck as to what I get. I quite like browsing through when I've got ten minutes, but that's all I've done there.

I think a blog/photoalbum type of thing would be excellent for documenting a rebuild because it keeps everything in one place and you can see how it comes together. Likewise something like an engine transplant, all the details nicely held together. I'm a great fan of pictures as a method of passing knowledge & techniques around and these sorts of subjects just cry out for a mixture of pictures/sketches with text around them. 

Thinking further, it would need some search profiles if it was used for technical mods, etc, otherwise the data would be "lost" to the rest of us unless the owner put up a thread in the general forum ?

So I'm not much help in deciding; personally I welcome new ideas and would suggest if it's not a massive amount of work to give it a shot for a month or so. I'm sure some of us would give it a whirl, you'd get some feedback on how easy folks think it is to operate, you could look at the web stats to see how many use it and then you'd know if it was worthwhile to continue or not ?

Brian
« Last Edit: Tuesday,September 11, 2012, 10:04:24 PM by EuropaTC »

Offline cal44

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,September 11, 2012, 03:42:15 PM »
I like it.  Maybe someone can do pictures of them replacing a head gasket............

The members gallery is nice, but, how many of those folks still own their cars?  I know mine is with another man in the pictures and i'm  starting to get real mad......thinking my car was with someone else  is just too much>:(
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,September 12, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
Joe, I think it would be a great idea. I for one would like to document my various Europa projects but don't have the knowhow to start my own webpage. How much space can you afford for each project?

JT

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #5 on: Thursday,September 13, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »
Ok, so I will add the mod to the forum this weekend. It will not effect any of the current features. We'll try it for awhile, and see how it goes.

Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)