Lotus Europa Forums > Events

Classic Days Castle Dyck 2014

(1/2) > >>

rfgumby:
Hi,
as I mentioned in another thread, I wanted to give some short report about the Classic Days at Castle Dyck 2014 (http://www.schloss-dyck-classic-days.de/).
It's a quite large meeting for vintage car her in the west of Germany, this time with works support from Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Alfa Romeo and Toyota etc.
When you arrive with an vintage car you got free parking in the miscanthus field (don't know what it's called in English, you can see it in the pictures, this 2-2.5m tall grass).
You got several hundred cars there parking and some club areas. I was as part of the Lotus Historic Register Germany. The Lotus Club Germany right beside us.
On Sunday, mine was the only Europa, on Saturday there was another one there.

Some pictures:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0h5fccda26o8oh0/AADLQ8PfXBfauaXnhvwrXd97a

Best regards,
Uwe

cal44:
Uwe,
your Europa is very nice, love the color, well done.   Great pictures of all the cars.   Funny to see  a '56 Ford pickup in the grouping. 

mike

EuropaTC:
Wow, now that was some classic car day. Great cars, great photographs, by the time I was half way through the album I was wishing I'd been there. Is that your equivalent to the Goodwood days we have over here ? Certainly there was some very classy motors on show - but no Lotus Elans on your section ?

The Delorean was fun as well, is that a real film car or a replica someone has made ? Whatever, it certainly looked the part  :)

Thanks for posting. Great link, highly recommended !

Brian

rfgumby:
Hi there,
thank you.
No Elans or Elites. The classic Lotus' are a rare sight in our community. Well, I am not so active with my Europa as well.  :-[
It a like Goodwood, yes. No hillclimb, but a short circuit.
The Delorean was shown as one of the original cars from the movie.

Uwe

BDA:
Uwe,

In Germany, don't you know the proper plural of Lotus is Loti?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version