Lotus Europa Forums > Events

40th birthday celebration cars and coffee

(1/2) > >>

4380r:
For folks in the MD/DC/NOVA areas:

My letter of provenance from Lotus indicates my car 'left the factory' on March 27, 1974...its 40th birthday is coming!

To celebrate I'm trying to put together an impromptu Lotus only cars and coffee for Sunday, March 30 in the parking area by the Caribou Coffee at the Waugh Chapel Shopping Center in Gambrills, Maryland. 7 am to mid morning or so. The shopping center is at the corner of Rt3 and Waugh Chapel Road in Gambrills. It's about equi-distance between Annapolis, Baltimore, DC, Gaithersburg/Rockville.

Weather permitting there may be a few Elise/Exige/Evora, and that's great, but would love to see some vintage Lotus.

If you think you can make it, best to let me know so I can alert shopping center management if it looks like a good turnout.

4380r:
Well, I'm bumping this, but being as nobody has posted in this segment of the forum since I posted this, it may be a moot point.

If you think you can join us for this informal cars/coffee Lotus birthday celebration, let me know. It could be just me and one other person, but I've also got several 'maybes' and it will be in the DC Chapter Lotus Ltd newsletter soon.

If it looks like we will have several cars, I just want to be able to give shopping center management a heads up.

--- Quote from: 4380r on Sunday,March 02, 2014, 01:35:48 PM ---For folks in the MD/DC/NOVA areas:

My letter of provenance from Lotus indicates my car 'left the factory' on March 27, 1974...its 40th birthday is coming!

To celebrate I'm trying to put together an impromptu Lotus only cars and coffee for Sunday, March 30 in the parking area by the Caribou Coffee at the Waugh Chapel Shopping Center in Gambrills, Maryland. 7 am to mid morning or so. The shopping center is at the corner of Rt3 and Waugh Chapel Road in Gambrills. It's about equi-distance between Annapolis, Baltimore, DC, Gaithersburg/Rockville.

Weather permitting there may be a few Elise/Exige/Evora, and that's great, but would love to see some vintage Lotus.

If you think you can make it, best to let me know so I can alert shopping center management if it looks like a good turnout.

--- End quote ---

4380r:
Bumping: Would really like to meet some of the forum members who live in the area.

If you're considering coming, please let me know. It could easily be just me and my car, or a big turnout. If it's going to be more than a few cars, I'd like to give shopping center management a heads up.

tlbrace2008@yahoo.com

3929R:
Wish I were closer.

Bainford:
Yeah, me too. I'm always on the look out for an excuse for a road trip, but my personal planets are not well aligned ot the moment. I hope you get a decent turn out. Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version