Author Topic: Forum Mile Stone - 50th member  (Read 831 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Forum Mile Stone - 50th member
« on: Monday,October 08, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »
Over the weekend our forum community reached a small mile stone of 50 members  :trophy:

:beerchug: We may still be the smallest Europa group, but we are growing steadily. Thanks to all the members for your participation and support   :pirate:
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Forum Mile Stone - 50th member
« Reply #1 on: Monday,October 08, 2012, 11:20:26 PM »
And I'm sure it will increase Joe, although as we've said before the Europa doesn't have as wide an audience as the Elan so the numbers will always be on the small side. 

Over this side of the pond a Europa appeared in the "Classic & Sports Car" mag. For those who don't see the magazine, they do a brief appraisal of 3-4 cars which are currently advertised for sale and this was a TC Europa. Then they had a "something for the weekend" article this month about the Europa as well and I was starting to think maybe James Elliot had taken a note of my asking for a forum plug. Well, that was until I read the article and found they'd only plugged Club Lotus and Lotus-Europa.com.....  :(

The link for those who've not seen it....  http://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/general-classic-car-news/something-for-the-weekend-%E2%80%93-the-lotus-europa

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Forum Mile Stone - 50th member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,October 10, 2012, 09:20:24 AM »
... and thanks for all the effort you have put forth to make it happen, Joe  :beerchug: Well done! I believe the rate of growth is quite encouraging considering the small niche market being catered to. :trophy:

Brian; thanks for the link. Like many Europa articles, it seems to written by an auto enthusiast with no personal association with (or even a particular fondness for) the Europa. Comments on the car's appearance often lead me to believe this. I can't be the only one who actually thinks the Europa is gorgeous. I tend to be drawn to things designed 'function over form', which certainly describes the Europa styling, but nevertheless I find the Europa beautiful from almost any angle. The way I see it...

Ok, I'm going to spare everyone my thoughts on the lack of appreciation among the automotive enthusiast community for Europa styling. But one of these days I'm dragging out my soap box when the timing is appropriate. ;)
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor