Author Topic: Costco tires  (Read 1355 times)

Offline katanaman

Costco tires
« on: Thursday,September 06, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »
  One of the reasons I have had so much time to prepare the Lotus is because I was waiting for Bridgestone tires to be sent from Florida to the Costco in Moreno Valley.  Turns out that the Bridgestones are no longer available.  Fred the manager here will upgrade my tires to Michelins -- they are 175/70R13's in a 80,000 mile tire.  I want to thank everyone involved in helping me gather info so far, as well as the offers for storage and borrowed wheels/tires.  Hopefully, it won't be much longer...                                                                                  Thanks, Dan

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Costco tires
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,September 06, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
Just curious, do you know the model name of the tire?

When I was shopping for a Europa a couple of years ago I was concerned about parts availability. With a little research I determined that parts wouldn't pose a big problem. However, after getting the car, I have found that the hardest thing to find is tires, of all things. 13" is not very common these days, at least not in North America.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline cal44

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,September 06, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »
Dan and Trevor, it doesn't  take a Jeannie Blink. 
Go to Discount Tire or call Coker Tire.  Thirteens are as easy to find as crooked politicians................
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #3 on: Thursday,September 06, 2012, 10:21:49 PM »
Thirteens are as easy to find as crooked politicians................

Hate to disagree Mike, but over this side of the pond we have a much bigger selection of dodgy politicians than 13" tyre choices.....    ;)

Brian

Offline cal44

« Reply #4 on: Friday,September 07, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »
Brian............that is funny.  And I thought we had it worse...............

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline katanaman

« Reply #5 on: Monday,October 01, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »
Bainford:  Sorry I took so long to get the info!  I only now have the tires where I can see 'em...  They're Michelin X Radial 82T tires in P175/70R13 82T size.  The label says that treadwear is 740, traction is A, temperature is B, and I see a stock number from Michelin as 16393.  Hope that helps.                                      Dan

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday,October 02, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »
Bainford:  Sorry I took so long to get the info!  I only now have the tires where I can see 'em...  They're Michelin X Radial 82T tires in P175/70R13 82T size.  The label says that treadwear is 740, traction is A, temperature is B, and I see a stock number from Michelin as 16393.  Hope that helps.                                      Dan

No Problem at all. Thanks for the reply and the information. Cheers. :beerchug:
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor