Author Topic: Air / Fuel Ratio monitoring  (Read 921 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Air / Fuel Ratio monitoring
« on: Monday,November 05, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »
I've been using a WEGO 3 to check A/F ratios on bikes and cars but have been limited to doing this while on the dyno. I finally completed a box that houses the equipment so that I can set it on the seat while driving. I think this will work better than the dyno as it gives me real world information. No more relying  the plugs and exhaust pipe to see if I'm to rich or lean. I'm looking forward to some testing this week.

Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Air / Fuel Ratio monitoring
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,November 06, 2012, 08:32:31 AM »
Cool beans there, Joe. Looks like you've got a foot set firmly in each the 19th & 20th century. Keep us posted on how this works out for you. Do you have electronic fuel injection fitted, or do simply have a carburetted set-up with an oxygen sensor fitted?
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Re: Air / Fuel Ratio monitoring
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,November 06, 2012, 08:50:23 AM »
It can go either way. For carbs, just the wide band sensor. For fuel injection it uses inputs from TPS, MAP, or Mass Air Flow as well as the O2 sensor. The WEGO gives you data logging capabilities when connected to a laptop. I've used it for sometime, but only when we are on the dyno. Now I can be mobile. 
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)