Author Topic: newbie here, 72 twink in the UK  (Read 3563 times)

Offline Piper an

• old boy racer
Re: newbie here, 72 twink in the UK
« Reply #15 on: Thursday,March 17, 2016, 03:42:43 AM »
Hi everyone just thinking any dedicated early europa uk forum ? del

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #16 on: Thursday,March 17, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
Hi everyone just thinking any dedicated early europa uk forum ? del
None that I know of. If you want something UK orientated then we're struggling, even the Elan forum is USA based and the Elan is a fairly established UK classic. 

There are the usual club forums - Club Lotus and the Lotus Drivers Club have them for example, but every one I've seen has been across the whole range. And although there's sections for individual models I don't think there's enough UK-only interest to keep one going.  I would say that the lack of response is because everyone's driving their cars, but the reality is we're more likely to be fixing them in cold garages  ;)

Personally I think this is the best forum of it's type that I've seen in a long while and the amount of info available through this and other (mostly US) sites is pretty fantastic.  Maybe everyone is scattered around the globe and perhaps that's why it works so well. 

Brian

Offline Piper an

• old boy racer
« Reply #17 on: Friday,March 18, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »
Agree Brian knowledge base is great ,perhaps we should organise a meet ,mind you its going to be a while before my europa is on the rd health & cash permitting cheers Derek