Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Ongoing builds

(1/15) > >>

BDA:
Since I'm retired and clearly don't have enough to do, I recently made a list of members who are in the process of a significant Europa build that is being discussed on this forum. In fact I think all of these are body-off builds.  :welder:

Clifton
RoddyMac
CertifiedLotus
Nigelc
Serge (also becoming a YouTube star)
Yellow16TS
2766R
Andy harwood
Dakazman
Racurley

4129R (deserves special mention since he seems to be on a mission to resurrect every old Europa he can find)

I think that's a pretty fair number for a group our size and for the small number that were originally built!

If I've left you out, please don't be offended. My memory isn't what it used to be, and it was never very good! Please add your name to the list and if you haven't been posting about your progress, please start - and post lots of pictures!  ;D

If you're done, maybe you can add your car to the gallery.

andy harwood:
Yes, my rebuild is a complete body off.
Hopefully this year I'll devote more time to this project.
(but, been enjoying free time a bit much)

gideon:
I'm starting to disassemble 1265R.  The next tricky bit on my list will be getting the doors off, so I'll post something to let you know how that went (or didn't go).  I have to replace the frame, and the car hasn't been driven for many years, so I'm definitely in deep.

Certified Lotus:
It’s great that a number of of people are doing frame off rebuilds. I review everyone’s posts and always get some new information or perspective on their project and how it relates (or not) to mine.

Keep up the great work guys!

And special mention to Serge who seems to be able to do all his work with a very limited set of tools, but a lot of enthusiasm and sheer will power.  :welder:

I hope to have my Europa completed and road tested before LOG in August so I can drive it there. It will all be up to the body shop finishing in early spring...........

surfguitar58:
Great list BDA. I think writer/car guy Rob Siegel is in here somewhere also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version