Author Topic: Central locking.  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Gmg31

Central locking.
« on: Friday,July 14, 2017, 03:38:47 AM »
 I wasn't convinced that replacement lock barrels and the fiddly mechanism were ever going to be reliable enough so I opted for central locking.  I have to admit that when I unpacked the kit I was hit with a wave of anxiety but I've taken my time and watched some YouTube stuff and had a go today.  The most important thing I learnt was that you don't connect the servo directly to the lock mechanism, it connects to the existing rods with a clever little clamp.  After Much thought I decided to mount the servo just above the lock handle, plenty of space and easy access to the rods.  Two simple bolts and the locking clamp straight onto the locking rod. Really amazed how simple it was and it worked first time.  A few tips, fit your new rod to your servo before bolting it in place otherwise it's a bit difficult to get in.  Make sure your electric windows are open so you can reach inside if you accidentally lock yourself out!

Btw I have a secret override security system for getting in the car in the event of an emergency, but I can't tell you about it!

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: Central locking.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,July 15, 2017, 06:37:00 AM »
I was wondering how the servos were actuated. Do they use a fob controlled central door locking module or some other method?

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Saturday,July 15, 2017, 09:04:21 AM »
I have a similar (as far as the servos are concerned) system that I am now considering installing in my car. The "servos" are just linear motors (I think that's what they're called - I think in actuality, it is a regular rotary motor that turns a predetermined number of revolutions when energized. The rotary motor then pushes the linear actuator either in or out depending on the polarity of the current. Mine came with a receiver, two servos, two remotes, three relays, some hardware and a huge mess of wires and cables that make no sense to me. After emailing Gmg31, I think I've figured how how to make it work - the documentation left EVERYTHING to be desired. Gmg31's system is incorporated into an alarm so it's a bit different from mine.

I did a quick search and Amazon has a reasonably priced system if you're interested (https://www.amazon.com/Flexzion-Universal-Actuator-Controllers-Conversion/dp/B013HNIK9E/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1500134554&sr=1-3&keywords=remote+keyless+entry+conversion+system).
« Last Edit: Saturday,July 15, 2017, 09:10:07 AM by BDA »

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #3 on: Saturday,July 15, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »
I bought an all in one remote controlled alarm, immobiliser with central locking off eBay.  It looked really complicated but I just did it one bit at a time. 

Yes the servos work from the remote.

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #4 on: Saturday,July 15, 2017, 12:10:07 PM »
This is the kit I bought off eBay.  They all look very similar it's hard to know which ones are better or worse.  This one was £17 but I've seen people selling exactly the same set for £60

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #5 on: Saturday,July 15, 2017, 10:14:01 PM »
That's amazing value and even at £60 it doesn't sound that expensive. But under £20 delivered for remote locking & immobiliser is a crazy-cheap price.

Brian