Lotus Europa Forums > Resources, Parts and Products

Odyssey battery rack

<< < (2/4) > >>

benbeames:
You sir, are my hero.

3929R:
It is a work of art and certainly a hell of a lot nicer than my bent pieces of aluminum with a couple of holes drilled in it! 

I am curious as to why the big battery as opposed to the Odyssey PC680?  Is it needed? helpful? Do you have a stereo that rattles my windows when stopped at signals?  Just wondering.....

Steve:
"I am curious as to why the big battery as opposed to the Odyssey PC680?"

Somebody GAVE me two of them!! Friend of mine at the airport flew a Turboprop Lancair for awhile. It has a 24V electrical system, and uses two of these in series. They are replaced yearly as a part of routine maintenance. Being a "Hobby" airplane, they only had 20 or so starts on them. I've had them on "Battery Tenders" for awhile now. The one in the picture was capacity checked when I was making the measurements for the rack, &  Passed with flying colors.

Here's my charger/loadbank:

I charged it up, and pulled 20A out of it for two hours, and still had 12.2 VDC. I hope it survives until the car runs on it's on!!

Steve:
A poster asked about where the battery will be mounted; Behind the passenger seat, which has been floored up with carbon fiber honeycomb panels. The beaverboard (which was deteriorated) canted bulkhead was removed, and a new one was constructed of the same carbon fiber material. Please excuse the untidiness of the area.

LotusJoe:
If the battery is going to be closed up in the section behind the seat I would suggest a battery cut off switch, just in case you need to disconnect in an emergency.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version