Author Topic: Documentary of the development of the Elise  (Read 457 times)

Offline BDA

Documentary of the development of the Elise
« on: Sunday,March 12, 2017, 10:38:02 AM »
I don't remember where I found out about this video - it might have been here but I didn't find it in a search. At the risk of posting this again, I though it was worth it and some may not have seen it. I thought it was interesting to see how a very different car was developed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-TiFKr2yb0&t=2990s

I recently finally got (or took) a chance to sit in an Elise. The top was on and getting in and out was more of a crawling operation. It was definitely a multi-step process! I thought it was a challenge to get into and out of a Europa!!! It doesn't even compare!

Offline andy harwood

Re: Documentary of the development of the Elise
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,March 12, 2017, 10:51:27 AM »
Thanks for this link BDA, looking forward to viewing.
I've been toying with the idea of getting an Elise. Only sat in one once, about 6 years ago. The top was off, and at the time, didn't seem hard to get in or out.
After getting to drive one, with the top on (and a Evora), a few weeks ago. I echo your remarks. The sill and low roof line of the Elise make it challenging.
The Evora was a dream to drive. The Elise brought out the silly grin in no time.

Offline Roger

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,March 12, 2017, 11:18:28 AM »
I've had mine 11 years, and even though I'm  now 75, I  don't think I'll ever sell it. Great fun!

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,March 12, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »
I spent a fair amount of time with an Evora owner. His was beautiful - supercharged, a lot of gold foil in the engine compartment - very nicely done interior. It looked too civilized for a Lotus! The Elise I sat in had normal Lotus finish quality with the expected rattles and buzzes.

It was a bit funny talking to him initially. He told me his car was loud and hard to get into and out of. Yeah, yeah... I have a Europa with a 2 1/4" exhaust tail pipe. It's low enough that it's interesting to enter and exit and mine is pretty loud. I was humbled. His was much harder to get in and out of. His was pretty loud, too! I'm not not sure that he din from the engine (supercharged Toyota motor) wouldn't mask the rattles! I did appreciate how the Europa is a pretty free of squeaks and rattles.