Author Topic: about 3929r  (Read 2123 times)

Offline 3929R

about 3929r
« on: Tuesday,May 06, 2014, 07:48:21 AM »
Utah Lotus Club wrote a piece about my car.  If you're interested, here is a link-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0603m2IxkloYkhVbmJvUERDQW8/edit?usp=sharing
(I hope the link works)
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: about 3929r
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,May 06, 2014, 09:54:42 AM »
An interesting tale Mark, but it was a bit sobering to read about your father dying so young, that must have been quite a shock to the system.

But on the brighter side the car looks great in those shots, no doubt Europa prices are set to rise in Utah......

Brian

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,May 06, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »
Nice write up and very nice car indeed.  :trophy: I live in Long Beach and remember the Lotus Dealer downtown except when I arrived in '83 it was then Kensington Motors. I also met Louis Mirabile and recall that a few years before he passed away he sold a pristine Europa JPS that he had since new. 

It's also interesting that my car is 3927R, so it rolled of the line just 2 in front of yours.
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline 3929R

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,May 06, 2014, 01:23:29 PM »
An interesting tale Mark, but it was a bit sobering to read about your father dying so young, that must have been quite a shock to the system.
  It was completely unexpected and a shock to say the least.  My father lived fast and died young. I am trying not to follow in his footsteps. I hope to have a big celebration on my 53rd birthday.  I've got a few years to think about it.

Nice write up and very nice car indeed.  :trophy: I live in Long Beach and remember the Lotus Dealer downtown except when I arrived in '83 it was then Kensington Motors. I also met Louis Mirabile and recall that a few years before he passed away he sold a pristine Europa JPS that he had since new. 

It's also interesting that my car is 3927R, so it rolled of the line just 2 in front of yours.
  Thanks and hello to 3927R. They're nearly twins. My dad did not live in Long Beach but other family members lived downtown from the early 1900s to about 1980.   
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,May 07, 2014, 06:27:02 AM »
Great story, Mark. A very interesting read and your Europa is looking fantastic. I didn't realise it was an original paint car. Mine is as well. There cant be too many Europas still wearing their factory applied paint today. Cheers.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline Lou Drozdowski

• Type 74 TCS 3307R
« Reply #5 on: Thursday,May 08, 2014, 04:34:57 AM »
Mark, Wonderful article, I'm sure you are proud of your Dad...& for keeping her in the family for all this time. Now it's your turn to take care of the Europa and do the same. Best wishes,ld

Offline cal44

« Reply #6 on: Thursday,May 08, 2014, 08:08:16 AM »
Jeez.........your car so nice.  I do enjoy a well kept ride.

mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines