Author Topic: NAKED PICTURES!!  (Read 716 times)

Offline ron parola

NAKED PICTURES!!
« on: Saturday,November 22, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »
Well, the car is at least; FINALLY down to gell coat or beyond. One pix  is from Under the dash area, behind the glove cubby, this area had star craze marks in the paint, you can see some shelf brackets and a lot of JB weld under there, I GUESS to try to hold up the panel that has the wiper boxes and supports the windscreen. On this car that panel leans DOWN toward the glass, also at the backlight the area that has the bonnet hinges also leans down towards the glass, I'm thinkin' that ain't right, but I don't remember for sure. Will try to support front panel better and veil cloth the area with the wipers, maybe I can then bet the boot lid to line up. Which gets me to the metal strip on another thread; that strip started on chassis 2640 and is part #054 B 1820, TRY to order one, HA. Meant to keep the boot closed at speed.  Also you can't just lower the lid down to line up with the car's panel; the flange on the lid bottoms first; more glasswork! And some had mentioned maybe less that stellar assembly from such a small manufacturer..... When I was sent to England for the preview of the NEW XJ40 ( this being 86 or 87) they carried on about the most MODERN PAINT PLANT IN EUROPE, well funny that since we had been receiving XJ6s with some oddness in the paint. Turns out the old cars were being painted there already with some issues; deodorant  on the workers was polluting the paint  But the worse offence was the paint line which STOPPED when they ran out of chassis's to paint and just left the cars sitting on the line until it restarted. The cars were coming to us after be painted at the new plant and thence off to be repaired at the old plant, you could sometimes tell by the marker lamps being clearcoated, they didn't bother to remove them. So it wasn't JUST lotus, HELL Castle Bromich STILL had camo paint on the roof from SPITFIRE assembly WWII    These weren't the good old days in worker/management relations!!   JUST found out pix JUST oversize, will work on that!!Cheers ronp