Author Topic: Door Handles - S2-TC  (Read 464 times)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Door Handles - S2-TC
« on: Tuesday,July 05, 2016, 02:00:53 PM »
Hi folks,

There was a post recently discussing door handles but as I can't find it I've started a separate topic in case it can help anyone. By chance I was buying some parts from Rimmers and as I always see "what's going cheap this week", I stumbled on this one;

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-722674

Now this looks like the Europa ones and I thought it was worth a punt at £15 a pair. Or rather, NOT A PAIR because they only had the RH handles left in stock, but looking at my old ones, I wondered if it would be possible to mix & match new and old parts.  Well, it is, and if anyone has handles with pitting or damaged chrome but otherwise serviceable, this looks a cheap way of getting some bling back on the car. 

A word of caution; these are modern, made in UK replacements and it looks to me as if the main bodies aren't as sharp or detailed as the 1970s versions. Maybe not surprising if they're still made on the original dies ?  But otherwise they're pretty much the same. Chrome on my set looks good with a deep shine and for £15 a pair you can't go too far wrong. At a glance you can't see anything wrong, it's only detailed, side-by-side comparison that throws up the differences; I've highlighted a few in these photos.

Brian