Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

2766R Finally...

<< < (2/7) > >>

2766R:
That's the plan.  Just get it safely roadworthy.  Then take care of cosmetics over time.  Waiting on their assessment.

2766R:
It has been a while since I last posted, sorry for the gap.  Things are taking a bit longer than I had originally planned.  A lot of this was due to a growth in work scope on my part.   What started out as just replacing what was absolutely necessary to be roadworthy, we agreed to clean and paint parts that were removed, replace front and rear wheel bearings, total brake system rebuild (including master cylinder and servos) replace all hoses, fit a 365 transmission (which I had on the side for many years) in place of the 352, engine rebuild, etc.  Spent a bit more than I had planned too!  But in the end, will have a totally reliable Europa to enjoy!!!
I'm hoping to address interior and exterior issues next spring.  BTW, i'm hopping to drive it home in the near future, after they shake it down.
And now for your enjoyment:     

BDA:
Congratulations! It looks like you will be driving her soon!  :beerchug:
I think driving her as soon as you can is a good idea. It will only enhance your appreciation for her. Of course the downside of that is you might enjoy driving her so much you might put off the cosmetic side!

Don't forget to post your first impressions of your first drive.

2766R:
Quick up-date: one more thing to check off the list!

BDA:
Pretty!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version