Author Topic: Europa Roadster for sale  (Read 1682 times)

Online BDA

Europa Roadster for sale
« on: Wednesday,August 17, 2016, 09:11:02 AM »
I found this highly modified Europa on fleabay. I saw some pictures on the yahoo group as it was being built. He did a very nice job - of course, all of his modes might not be to your personal taste.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotus-Other-/112098481644?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1a199715ec:g:8y0AAOSwdzVXqmzA&item=112098481644

The usual disclaimers apply.
« Last Edit: Wednesday,August 17, 2016, 10:01:38 AM by BDA »

Offline andy harwood

Re: Europa Roadster for sale
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,August 17, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »
Very nice work. And I bet it is a blast to drive.

Offline Arizona

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,August 17, 2016, 01:59:39 PM »
Looks like it would be a lot easier to get my too long, too old and too stiff body into that; but where are the gauges?
George F. Johnson

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #3 on: Thursday,August 18, 2016, 06:33:31 AM »
but where are the gauges?

Small digital speedo only?

Online BDA

« Reply #4 on: Thursday,August 18, 2016, 07:25:44 AM »
It appears that he uses the stock radiator setup but also seems to have a bonnet radiator exhaust as though he has a front mounted radiator. I wouldn't think that would work.

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #5 on: Thursday,August 18, 2016, 07:58:58 AM »
I can only see 1 radiator in the standard position. The grill on the front cover would appear to be counter productive to airflow through that radiator.

The engine seems to have a turbo, but there does not appear to be an intercooler for the inlet air.

Online RoddyMac

« Reply #6 on: Thursday,August 18, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »
I have to applaud him for the effort put into the car, but there are many details things that I think could have been done differently.  I had never thought about making a Europa a roadster, but after seeing this car I started to think about how hard it would be to graft on a Lotus 23 rear body panel and windscreen to a cut down Europa body.  I don't really like the way the front and rear differ on this particular car (my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own), I think the rear needs to be a bit more curvaceous to match the front.

I think I need to brush up on my photoshop skills and see how a 54 and a 23 would mash up....

Online Chuck Nukem

« Reply #7 on: Friday,August 19, 2016, 08:51:25 AM »
I have to applaud him for the effort put into the car, but there are many details things that I think could have been done differently.  I had never thought about making a Europa a roadster, but after seeing this car I started to think about how hard it would be to graft on a Lotus 23 rear body panel and windscreen to a cut down Europa body.  I don't really like the way the front and rear differ on this particular car (my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own), I think the rear needs to be a bit more curvaceous to match the front.

I think I need to brush up on my photoshop skills and see how a 54 and a 23 would mash up....

I agree, but at the point which you possess the skills and intention of doing something like this, why not recreate a 23?