Author Topic: FS: 1969 Europa S2 (Sold)  (Read 1774 times)

Offline 1808

• dshikoski.com
FS: 1969 Europa S2 (Sold)
« on: Tuesday,September 29, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »
It's spring, the snow is gone, and that's when projects begin to build up in my garage... I need space for the new project.  So, I need to sell this one so I can focus on the other toys.  Please review the photos and contact me if you have any questions.  I will entertain offers that are realistic.

This is a 1969 Lotus Europa, type 54 with VIN 541808, that is offered for sale near Traverse City, Michigan.  I acquired the car on July 4, 2013.  At that time it had been setting in a storage building for about 15 years in Arizona.  Although the storage was dry and warm/hot there were a number of issues that needed attention before it was road worthy.

Rebuilt front disk and rear drum brakes
  Installed new master cylinder
  Installed new Weber DGV carb
  Installed new water pump
  Rebuilt the gas tank and sending unit and had it coated with ‘Gas Tank Renu'
  Installed new carpet kit
  Rewired the dash panel (All gauges and lights work)
  New Speedometer cable
  Tightened the gear shift lever mechanism
  Installed stainless steel hinge pin on drivers door
  Insulated the exhaust header system to reduce heat buildup
  Installed tie rod ends, tubular lower a-arms and adjustable shocks on the front
  Tires on Cosmic wheels
  New accelerator cable

I have retained most of the original parts and they will be included in the sale.  It appears the body was removed at some point and the frame looks solid.  The paint is in 15 foot condition… which means it looks fine to the general public.  It is painted the original color (L07).  It includes blisters and other cracks from hot storage in Az.  It is quite acceptable as a driver and runs reliably to local car shows and around the curves in my area.  There is a comprehensive discussion of the process of ‘preservation’ at my website at http://dshikoski.com/blog  and more detailed photos are at https://dshikoski.smugmug.com/Cars  Please let me know if there are other photos you would like to see.
« Last Edit: Tuesday,June 07, 2016, 06:51:01 PM by 1808 »
1974 Europa Special

Offline 460384

Re: FS: 1969 Europa S2
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,October 03, 2015, 09:35:03 AM »
Don,  Hope the car will find a new owner soon.  I like the yellow color and wheels. Your dish wheels looks great on my 72 TC.  Thank you.  How is your black TCS coming along?  Tom
Tom/Colorado

Offline BDA

Re: FS: 1969 Europa S2
« Reply #2 on: Saturday,October 03, 2015, 12:32:19 PM »
I hope you get your price, Don.

I see in your blog that you prefer to build these cars to driving them. That seems an odd thing but the guy who helped me with some great fabrication has the same idea. Years after I his help allowed me to get my car on the road, I realized I had never let him drive it. I felt guilty because I couldn't have finished my car without him. When I invited him to drive it, he was thankful, but said he preferred to do the fabrication to driving!