Author Topic: C7  (Read 1212 times)

Offline cal44

C7
« on: Saturday,August 31, 2013, 06:38:09 PM »
I don't like Corvettes..........I could never afford the gold jewelry and the shiny shirt that goes with them. 
Although the '63 thru '67 are nice looking, my "U.S champion" go-kart buddy sold his after a week mentioning something about "it was like trying to push a brick around a corner...........with a string"

Here comes the "but" part.............but the new C7,  dang, I think GM finally got it right, at least I hope.

I often wondered what it would be like to own a sport car that I couldn't work on, as in the only requirement, to drive it.

Finally, smaller, lighter, nice torque and h.p stats and the handling sounds promising.  Notice I refer to them a "sport car".
I got that from a Carroll Shelby interview on youtube and the fellow that owned Hollywood Sport Cars in L.A.  Hollywood modified and raced that famous Sunbeam Tiger, so I reckon I can't go wrong following their words.

Don't get me wrong, the last five or so years of the model were probably o.k but I still have a bad taste after owning, selling, fixing...........four, count them, four pre '72 Vettes..............I didn't learn the the first three times....gawd.

At a base price of $52k +/-  how can you go wrong?............"they sure is purrty".  But of course you can't see them from the inside.

Think I should wait a year to get the bugs out and read articles where  the abuse the heck out of them.  This is to see if they are a worthy candidate of my monthly payments. 

mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: C7
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,August 31, 2013, 10:48:42 PM »
(part quote)
I often wondered what it would be like to own a sport car that I couldn't work on, as in the only requirement, to drive it.

And why not Mike ?  We did exactly that back in the 90s when I bought the first MR2, followed by an MX5 (Miata over there) and I only ever saw the engine when someone asked to see it. A great idea because it gave me time to play with the toys I really liked.....

Brian

Offline cal44

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,November 26, 2013, 11:51:30 AM »
I was driving next to one on the freeway this morning.  My first sighting.   Blown away how good looking and small it is. 
If that car handles and brakes as good as it looks................well, there is nothing to compare it with world wide at a entry level of 460 H.P and $52K........dang.
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline exarkun1178

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,November 26, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
Fantastic looking car!  the C6 was pretty nice too.  the C5 was Fugly.  the C4 ehh, 80's car.

Thinking back to when i had my elise, i spent time on the track with C6s  they were mean! handled well, and were on par with some of the European offerings.  the C7 is now challenging some platforms thought to be untouchable by peers let alone an American car form the big three.

Doubt it will ever be in my drive way, as i am more about uniqueness and light weight and handling - the whole driving fast at slow speeds gets my goat.  but to each their own