Author Topic: Who's going to the LOG?  (Read 5480 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: Who's going to the LOG?
« Reply #15 on: Saturday,September 06, 2014, 08:16:54 AM »
I have no idea where LOG took place and when, can you please tell me more about it? Thank you.  :beerchug:

Nuk, LOG stands for Lotus Owner Group, an annual get together for members of Lotus Ltd which is held in different parts of the US.

Offline BDA

« Reply #16 on: Saturday,September 06, 2014, 10:56:31 AM »

Sorry to hear that Chris, I followed your restoration and you guys turned out a great car. What's the engine problem ?  It sounds serious if it's keeping the car off the road.

Brian

Not sure what it is... We are pretty sure its a piston/rod problem. Their is a knock in the engine so no driving until fixed, not trying to blow the engine. But hey... The car still looks fantastic!

BDA- Don't worry I'm sure you will be able to find us. I'll be looking for your Europa and we will meet up don't worry.

Chris
[/quote]

Yikes! Yes, it's best to make sure that's fixed. I was thinking you'd probably have to pull the engine, but you can probably do whatever you need to do after taking off the head and oil pan (you may want to pull it out anyway). Man, that suques! I hope we're both wrong and it is something innocuous!

I imagine I'll be pretty easy to to find at the concours! It will be great meeting you and all the other folks I've talked to for years without ever seeing them! It will be good times!  :)
« Last Edit: Saturday,September 06, 2014, 11:00:50 AM by BDA »

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #17 on: Thursday,September 11, 2014, 10:00:19 AM »
I have no idea where LOG took place and when, can you please tell me more about it? Thank you.  :beerchug:
Hi Nuk. Check this link for all you need to know about LOG http://www.lotuscarclub.org/
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #18 on: Thursday,September 11, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »

Not sure what it is... We are pretty sure its a piston/rod problem. Their is a knock in the engine so no driving until fixed, not trying to blow the engine. But hey... The car still looks fantastic!

BDA- Don't worry I'm sure you will be able to find us. I'll be looking for your Europa and we will meet up don't worry.

Chris
Sorry to hear that Chris. As BDA says, I hope it turns out to be something minor. Be sure to keep us posted. Cheers mate.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #19 on: Thursday,September 11, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »
We are going to pull it I believe. Even if its minor, which I hope it is, we will still pull it so we can put on Dave Beans water pump kit we have. I'll keep you guys updated don't worry.

Offline BDA

« Reply #20 on: Thursday,September 11, 2014, 02:46:04 PM »
Dave's water pump is a great addition! Do you have an access door to it from inside the cabin? That might be nice to have, too.

Offline 3929R

« Reply #21 on: Friday,September 12, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »
I missed the decal part of this thread as I didn't read this thread because I'm too far away for the LOG. Would a decal thread be appropriate?

I'm no artist, graphic or otherwise. Hopefully somebody will have more expertise than I. I've made exactly 1 decal and here is what I know.

I know nothing about other stickers, but vinyl decals can be cut on the cheap and with no minimums. The downside is that you are limited to one (or possibly 2) colors. This means all art work needs to be silhouettes. To save on cost, I THINK one larger sheet of vinyl could be cut into multiple stickers, e.g., one 6x6 inch sheet could have five identical 1x6 inch images.

The decal I did was a one off Laser sailboat sticker for my other car. The used images I found online and then cleaned up. I had an eBay seller cut the vinyl and I think it turned out GREAT. Here is the eBay link- http://www.ebay.com/itm/261545636269?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=560420223305&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is the image I compiled and the resulting decal.
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline 3929R

« Reply #22 on: Friday,September 12, 2014, 10:01:24 AM »
I like.
Ok, I've never designed one before but here's a starter to get the ball rolling and the artistic folks on here to come up with a better one. Maybe if we get enough interest it should be a separate thread ?
Brian
Mark

Offline BDA

« Reply #23 on: Friday,September 12, 2014, 10:24:35 AM »
Looks great! I guess all we need now is a design and a price.

Offline 3929R

« Reply #24 on: Friday,September 12, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Another starting point idea.
Mark

Offline BDA

« Reply #25 on: Friday,September 12, 2014, 12:15:12 PM »
I like it! What is the breakdown of what one/two/+ colors would cost? Is black less expensive than other colors?

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #26 on: Saturday,September 13, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »
I had 2 vinyl stickers made up for the Elan when I was trying to replicate the original silver stripes that went along the sills.  Color didn't seem to be an issue with the guy I used, I just specified the size of letters. showed a photo of what the font looked like originally and the guy adjusted a font (presumably in photoshop) so it looked identical.

If we're getting serious about this I wonder if it's possible to do something along the lines of agreeing a common design (maybe new thread time to catch those who haven't read this one ?) and then hold the image in a sticky post at the top of either the "events" or "manuals" section so that individuals can download and get printed themselves ?

I've no problem if someone wants to organise/order and distribute them, the only reasoning behind the suggestion is that we can all get them printed locally or via Ebay.  Another thought is if we could do something like the Yahoo calender, where the design is lodged with a supplier and ordered individually.

Brian

Offline BDA

« Reply #27 on: Sunday,September 14, 2014, 10:08:03 AM »
My thought is that we should first settle on a design, get a price, and see if we get enough takers to make it economically feasible. Maybe, Joe can help us out with that. Not sure if there is a way to put up a poll or a mass notification.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: Sunday,September 14, 2014, 05:35:28 PM by BDA »

Offline 3929R

« Reply #28 on: Monday,September 15, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
If we're getting serious about this I wonder if it's possible to do something along the lines of agreeing a common design (maybe new thread time to catch those who haven't read this one ?) and then hold the image in a sticky post at the top of either the "events" or "manuals" section so that individuals can download and get printed themselves ?
Brian
With this approach we could each choose color and size, and there could be twin cam and S1/S2 versions. Or is that too much choice/variation?
eBay cost for single custom decals is:
4" $4
5" $4.50
6" $5
7" $5.50
ect...
I'm not sure how this compares to other options.
Mark

Offline BDA

« Reply #29 on: Monday,September 15, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
That doesn't seem out of line! Is there a quanity price scale? Let's see if we can get some consensus on a design and how many of us want one. I would say we would need at least two (you and me!  :) ).

As for S2 vs TC, it might depend on how many we want and what the cost breakdown is. If it doesn't make sense to make two versions, we might want to use the front view of the car rather than the side.