Author Topic: Who's going to the LOG?  (Read 5481 times)

Offline BDA

Who's going to the LOG?
« on: Thursday,September 04, 2014, 06:24:40 AM »
I thought it would be fun for those of us who are are going to the LOG to get together. I know there won't be that many Europas there but I thought it would be better if we didn't have to ask, "are you on lotuseuropa.org?". Maybe we can agree or put our username on the card for our car.

Any ideas?

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: Who's going to the LOG?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,September 04, 2014, 07:00:19 AM »
Too late for this year but perhaps Joe can have "lotuseuropa.org" decals made up for the forum members. 

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,September 04, 2014, 07:38:38 AM »
Great idea!!

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,September 04, 2014, 05:54:42 PM »
It all depends on Joe. He may not have the time or the desire to mess with it.

Offline BDA

« Reply #4 on: Thursday,September 04, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »
Agreed. Joe is a busy guy - just look at lotus-europa.com and see the things he's into.

It would be cool to have a decal. A minimum number would certainly be required so there has to be a market for how many that is. Maybe if there is enough interest, somebody could help make it happen - with Joe's approval, of course.

If it comes together, I'm in.

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #5 on: Friday,September 05, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
I'm all in for a decal or something.  :beerchug:

Just for clarification Lotus-Europa.com site belongs to Jerry. LotusEuropa.org is the site I maintain.
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline BDA

« Reply #6 on: Friday,September 05, 2014, 09:54:01 AM »
Cool, Joe! Do we have some artistic members or friends we can call on? Maybe a poll or contest to choose a design? I'm even more of a clutz with a pencil than a wrench so I'm NOT the guy but maybe one of us is.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #7 on: Friday,September 05, 2014, 10:43:07 AM »
An outline of the car followed by the website address in a "Lotus-ey" font or something equally easy to read ?  Take payment via paypal and I'll even have one in the back of my car over in the UK.....

Brian

ps - and now's the time that we all argue over the design of the outline sketch.....  even though we all know the TC silhouette is the one to go for    :)

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #8 on: Friday,September 05, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
I will be there without my europa or any of my lotus cars. So everyone. My europa has an engine problem that will be fixed this winter or summer. My M100 is going through fiberglass and paint work right now. However I'm staying with a buddy of mine who is letting me help him get all of his lotus cars to Asheville so for all of you going don't worry I'll be there just no europa.

Chris

Offline BDA

« Reply #9 on: Friday,September 05, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »
An outline of the car followed by the website address in a "Lotus-ey" font or something equally easy to read ?  Take payment via paypal and I'll even have one in the back of my car over in the UK.....

Brian

ps - and now's the time that we all argue over the design of the outline sketch.....  even though we all know the TC silhouette is the one to go for    :)

That sounds like a good start. Now for the outline. Will we use the TC or S1/S2 outline? Maybe a head on view. There might be fewer arguments!  ;D (of course, someone will want the turn signal blisters and someone won't!  :FUNNY:)

Offline BDA

« Reply #10 on: Friday,September 05, 2014, 07:24:03 PM »
I will be there without my europa or any of my lotus cars. So everyone. My europa has an engine problem that will be fixed this winter or summer. My M100 is going through fiberglass and paint work right now. However I'm staying with a buddy of mine who is letting me help him get all of his lotus cars to Asheville so for all of you going don't worry I'll be there just no europa.

Chris

Just make sure we can find you and XHILR8N!

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #11 on: Friday,September 05, 2014, 10:26:57 PM »

Chris

Sorry to hear that Chris, I followed your restoration and you guys turned out a great car. What's the engine problem ?  It sounds serious if it's keeping the car off the road.

Brian

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #12 on: Friday,September 05, 2014, 11:37:47 PM »
Cool, Joe! Do we have some artistic members or friends we can call on? Maybe a poll or contest to choose a design? I'm even more of a clutz with a pencil than a wrench so I'm NOT the guy but maybe one of us is.

Ok, I've never designed one before but here's a starter to get the ball rolling and the artistic folks on here to come up with a better one. Maybe if we get enough interest it should be a separate thread ?

Brian

Offline Nuk

• Thai British Car
« Reply #13 on: Saturday,September 06, 2014, 03:03:14 AM »
I have no idea where LOG took place and when, can you please tell me more about it? Thank you.  :beerchug:

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #14 on: Saturday,September 06, 2014, 06:55:55 AM »

Sorry to hear that Chris, I followed your restoration and you guys turned out a great car. What's the engine problem ?  It sounds serious if it's keeping the car off the road.

Brian
[/quote]

Not sure what it is... We are pretty sure its a piston/rod problem. Their is a knock in the engine so no driving until fixed, not trying to blow the engine. But hey... The car still looks fantastic!

BDA- Don't worry I'm sure you will be able to find us. I'll be looking for your Europa and we will meet up don't worry.

Chris