Author Topic: Log 33 Walkens Glenn NY Aug 2, 3, 4 2013  (Read 5336 times)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Log 33 Walkens Glenn NY Aug 2, 3, 4 2013
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday,July 23, 2013, 09:17:22 AM »
OK, we're just a few days away now. How many from this forum are going? It'll be nice to see a good showing of Europas, as well as putting some faces to the names.

An event of this nature is a first for me. I'm doing my best to be prepared (for the road trip and the event itself). I am very much looking forward to seeing and photographing many Lotus models that I've never seen before (and living in this corner of the world, that would be most of them).

I'm getting very excited about this event. I've been working on the car all summer, doing my best to increase my chances of actually making it there. I'll be leaving on Monday morning which gives me four days to get there. I originally estimated three days travel, but I'm giving myself an extra day in case of trouble, bad weather, or interesting diversions (I'm easily distracted). I'll be travelling back roads all the way, and in the true nature of a road trip, I don't want to feel rushed. Besides, if I leave on Tuesday, I'll have to go to work on Monday, and I just know I'll be useless at work on the day before such an epic road trip. I'm already planning my return trip, too, which will certainly be by way of the scenic route, and likely take 5-6 days.

I know I'm gushing a bit here, but I just had to vent off a little 'excitement pressure' with a quick post. Thanks for bearing with me, and I hope to see some of you soon. Cheers y'all. :pirate:
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday,July 23, 2013, 10:02:50 AM »
Nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm and I'm envious already. We won't be there, (there's a big puddle in the way) but here's to you guys having a great time.

Brian

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday,July 23, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
Unfortunately I won't be there. For me, here on the left coast it is just a bit to far. I'm working to have my car ready for the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca Raceway in August.

Please take plenty pictures
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday,July 23, 2013, 11:53:31 AM »
You know I'll be there!!  :pirate: I'm really excited!!  :D

We are also taking back roads all the way there and we are leaving the 30th, I believe, just to make sure we have time to get up there as well! I'm just as excited as you Bainford! Can't wait!

Their is a concurs judging at this one, and I've been off and on to put mine in, just to see if I win a trophy and to figure out what the value of it is too. I know there will be perfect and I mean perfect Loti there that I just couldn't match... So I'll just be in the normal judging/peoples choice, and see what happens! Bainford, I think you should do the concurs, yours is all original and I believe that is what they are looking for... I talked to a friend of mine who will also be up there and said if their is a all original Lotus that isn't as good as a restored perfect one, that it will win because of originality. Its up to you though, thought I'd share that.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday,July 23, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »
I knew you'd be excited too, Chris. It's going to be a lot of fun and a lot of cool stuff to see and people to meet.

I don't think the concours is for me. A thorough cleaning and detailing was on my 'To Do' list, but at this point I'll be luckey if I get a coat of wax on it. I'm running a bit behind, spending my time on things like setting valve clearances and fitting new carbs, and a host of other driving improvements and maintenance issues. Also, I tend to be the type who doesn't fuss much about appearances, preferring to spend a day driving it rather than cleaning crud out of hidden crevices. Also, things like the paint tend to look better in photos then they do in person. If I had the time to thoroughly clean and prepare the car, then perhaps I would.

Looking forward to seeing your beautiful blue machine. I bet it photographs well in sun light.

Good luck to all who are travelling to the gathering. See you there.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday,July 24, 2013, 12:05:45 PM »
Couldn't agree more! They are meant to be driven not cleaned! haha

My Europa has been over at the shop getting looked over making some adjustments and making sure everything is working properly! Finally figured out a problem I had which was a high RPM miss and he just had to change all the wires to copper solid core, which did the trick! I'm looking forward to seeing your Europa, not to many all originals!

Can't wait to be at LOG33, and everyone have a safe trip!