Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

Looking for our old JPS.

(1/6) > >>

bikenut:
Hello everyone,I have been searching for a few years now.My dad bought a new Europa in January 1973.I was a car obsessed 12 year old so this car was my world.We traded it in for a Jaguar,I remember seeing a pic in a magazine of a Europa in a movie called 11 Harrowhouse,as i studied the pics i spotted the registration number MMO 597L .I always assumed that the car was damaged and scrapped,the DVLA shows it last licenced in 1975 so that confirmed it to me. BUT........ I have heard a rumour the car is in Japan,I managed to contact a guy there who says he imported the actual car in 1995 and it showed no signs of damage.Then recently I noticed a post with pics on here of a member called Soulsaver in the UK,guess what his registration number is? Yep MMO 597L,and I can see one glaringly obvious incorrect detail on that car that confirms to me this is my dads old car.I have messaged Soulsaver but I see he was last active here in January 2016.Is there anyone on here that can tell me anything about this car? I just want to know the fate of this car.My dad was a bit eccentric and a car lover,I have many memories of him and the car and a few stories people may like to hear.Thank you all for reading this .Fingers crossed.

4129R:
If you knew the chassis number, there may be some clues here:-

http://www.lotus-europa.com/regspcl.html

bikenut:
All I have is 2 photos when we owned it,I remember the special edition badge on the dash and Im almost certain it was number 063.I have looked on that database before and can see cars around that period but not the actual car Im looking for.If you look here at soulsavers posts you can see the car and its reg of MMO597L. Even if that was a different car with our old reg number transfered to it,there is one feature that would be almost unique to our car and i can see it in the pics.We bought it new and it was registered 5th Jan 73.

Steve_Lindford:
There is also this page -

http://www.lotus-europa.com/lost.html

I found my previous owner from the 1970's on here searching for the car I now own. I came to that page by searching Google for the registration plate. I dare say you have done that.

Cant you cope with a replacement car??

Steve

bikenut:
Thanks Steve I will try that site next.I am sure some one on here must know who Soulsaver is and if he still has the car or not,he was last on here Jan 2016 and the car looks great in his pics, and has our reg number MMO 597L.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version