Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

460384 S1a

(1/6) > >>

lotusfanatic:
Hello everyone,

I have finally collected a Europa from the shipping company which has returned the car to the UK for the first time since it was built in 1967!
The car was bought from Tom in Colorado US, 460384 is in need of a total strip and rebuild and I now need to find a space for it, assess the car and decide which way to go.
Assuming that it is a viable project, I will need to decide if I follow either:
a) a restoration to its original factory specification (however, I am not sure if the performance would be enough?)
b) rebuild with a more modern engine, running gear & parts (very tempting, if only for the performance, reliability and parts availability - but, obviously, no longer "original") 
c) create a Type 47 replica (again, very tempting but very expensive for parts, especially a Lotus twin cam engine) 

pics to follow....

Mark

lotusfanatic:
a few photos of 460384...

lotusfanatic:

--- Quote from: lotusfanatic on Monday,January 23, 2017, 06:37:11 AM ---a few photos of 460384...

--- End quote ---

lotusfanatic:

--- Quote from: lotusfanatic on Monday,January 23, 2017, 06:38:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: lotusfanatic on Monday,January 23, 2017, 06:37:11 AM ---a few photos of 460384...

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

jbcollier:
Ouch, tough choices there.  I think the TC engine might end up being one the cheaper things needing doing on a 47 clone.  There's also a Hewland to procure and a complete redesign of the rear suspension!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version