Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Tom Pattent's S1 Autocrossing

(1/3) > >>

benbeames:
I went out to Stockton this morning to meet up with fellow Europa owner Tom Pattent.  He was an S1 which he recently installed a cross flow Renault engine in  (I'll post pictures of his engine bay at some point).  I got to drive the car for a bit and its pretty nice.  He's running stock springs cut down, a really fat front sway bar and an adjustable rear sway bar.

Anyway here's some video of his first two laps.  I'm sure he got a better lap in, but the race was running late and I had to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_AMr8Ypi3o

EuropaTC:
Nice car. Over here I never seem to see many S2s and I think I've only ever seen one S1, and that was many years ago, so it's nice to see you guys using these cars.  I don't know how you cope with that sort of driving though, from the perspective of the viewer it just looks like a mass of randomly placed cones, I think I'm better following black lines.....

benbeames:
The courses make more sense when you're driving. Plus you walk it ahead of time and sometimes have a map. Though I have been known to get lost out there from time to time.

benbeames:
Here are some Pic's of Tom's car.  His engine and engine bay is something to be proud of (IMHO)

EuropaTC:
A nice car although it's a bit "RED" inside  :)   I think I'd need shades to drive that no matter what the weather !

The car does sit nicely though, and I think the cleaner lines without door handles sticking out is a nicer detail than the later cars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version