Author Topic: "let the power of Lotus compel me"  (Read 991 times)

Offline cal44

"let the power of Lotus compel me"
« on: Wednesday,November 21, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »
Another parts is parts story.  Came across this TC Europa down pipe and had to have it..........aaa why?......I can't help myself, especially if it concerns NOS parts.  It will not be installed on the car.....then it wouldn't be NOS
The paint finish is a green hammer tone and hard as nails,  the material is steel.

I know Brian will chime in and call foul if I am wrong on this.  Then I can feel foolish for spending too much money.
Mike

"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline TheKid#9

Re: "let the power of Lotus compel me"
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,November 21, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »
That looks like the same downpipe I have one mine!
My exhaust and downpipe says its from Stainless Limited in the UK, or something like that... The downpipe and the exhaust came on mine when I bought it, its a good piece! I haven't started mine up so I don't know how it sounds, but it is made very well.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: "let the power of Lotus compel me"
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,November 21, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »
(part quote)
I know Brian will chime in and call foul if I am wrong on this.  Then I can feel foolish for spending too much money.

Nahh, I'm not going to call foul at all, it looks about right to me from the top flange arrangement with squared off pipes at the top.  I don't know what the OEM finish would be, but Hammerite paint was very popular over here in the 60s & 70s, so that also sounds right.

But the post did make me smile and think "that's Mike, he's off cornering the US market in Lotus spares again"  :)

Brian