Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 2314 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
Where is everyone?
« on: Friday,May 17, 2013, 11:43:36 AM »
I have noticed that the boards have been quiet. I'm assuming that as the weather has gotten better everyone is out driving there car and not sitting around hanging out on the forum. However it's time for you guys that never posted to step up and say HI !

It would appear it's time to have another shop BBQ. Hopefully we can get more of you guys to come out

:BBQ:
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: Friday,May 17, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »
Hi Joe,

Yes, I must admit I've been very quiet of late but I do have excuses.....

I'm still around and lurking in the background, but the last couple of months have been taken up with a lot of house DIY (stacking up the brownie points  ;)  ), a holiday in Scotland and a couple of mundane jobs on the wife's car.

It's all very sad really, normal life getting in the way of my playtime !  Hopefully that's all about to change and I can get back to what I do best, which is playing with the toybox. (this week I've just started stripping the Elan for a respray)

Brian

Offline cal44

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,May 19, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
I've been so deep into a Plus 2 I've been posting sparingly.  Between spending gobs of money on parts and weld/fabing up items (off top section) it's been busy............and fixing plumbing on the house. 

Building a spring compressor for the front suspension currently.........one that won't damage my grill

Just bought a like new drill press off craigslist, 1 h.p with 5/8 chuck..........how on earth I lived without one I'll never know.
I paid $200 and it has already saved me money from taking bits to a machine shop.  So, it was free...........right?

mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #3 on: Sunday,May 19, 2013, 10:10:41 PM »
So, it was free...........right?

:)

Over here we call that "man maths" Mike.....     I do a lot of maths myself.....

Brian

Offline cal44

« Reply #4 on: Monday,May 20, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
Well then Brian..................man math it is.
United States Marines

Offline 3929R

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,May 22, 2013, 10:40:27 AM »
I've bought another 100ish year old house that needs just about everything updated or restored.....  What was I thinking? :-\   :)
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline cal44

« Reply #6 on: Friday,May 24, 2013, 04:02:35 PM »
Mark,

Stay away from HG TV.  If you have the time I would like to see some pix in the off topic section of you new house......well, new to you.  100 years old........man.

mike
United States Marines

Offline katanaman

« Reply #7 on: Saturday,June 01, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »
I am still wrapping up my volunteer work with the museum and just dodged a bullet over jury duty -- a 122 mile round trip to the courthouse and a 3 week trial - didn't get picked!  I am lining up a R-16 engine and another transmission with it just in case I decide to not see the Mazda 12A through to completion -- I am not getting any support from people who know Mazda and I am still not impressed with all the warnings I am getting about heat.  I am also lining up selling my old house 160 miles away -- if I do soon, I will build a second garage on my new extra lot and will then restore the S-2.  I want to take a closer look at the frame and maybe powder coat it and you know what that means....

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #8 on: Saturday,June 01, 2013, 08:42:34 AM »
Been working on my '66 chevy pick up a lot! Painting all of the smaller components like pedals, steering column, heater core box, differential etc... I still have about a weeks worth of welding on the rusted fender tips and bottoms of the doors. Then its sanding and bodywork followed by a spray in dallas. Unfortunately circumstance has forced me to sell this one when I finish it.

I did move the lotus away from my friend's car port to a small town 30 miles north of me (lack of space at my place). Weather underground gave it a 20% chance of rain...so we got 60mph winds and grape sized hail mid tow...now its finally in a GARAGE! Paying for school and a trip to Aruba have set me back quite so it will be quiet on my end for at least another month or so.

Mark congratulations on the new house! My friend just finished restoring a large house that old. He personally re-plastered the entire thing from floor to ceiling! The work and inevitable wait is so worth it though. New houses really cant touch the quality of well restored older homes. I would also love to see some pics of it!

Offline LeftAngle

• I don't say much, but when I do, I don't say much.
    • 0659R Photos
« Reply #9 on: Sunday,June 02, 2013, 02:59:12 AM »
Just finished a 4 day battle with my right front suspension.  I think the PO sprayed butyl rubber on the upper A arm bushings, which cemented them and the upper shock mount to the long bolt.  I've also discovered the reason why the bug lights were located where they are, on top of the nose.  They're perfectly aligned with the upper mounting bolt, via the radiator opening (sorry, you'll have to cut a hole through the wheel housing on the opposite side).  This is what I used to pound on and spin in my attempts to free the culprits.

I also had a hanging. :)

I also had to remove the headlight to get the radiator out.  It's lying in a position reminiscent of the Lambo Miura.. What do you think?  Should I do it?
« Last Edit: Sunday,June 02, 2013, 03:05:31 AM by LeftAngle »
Yes, it's work...   No, I don't mind it.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #10 on: Monday,June 03, 2013, 05:55:46 AM »
I finally got mine back on the road again this weekend. Winter and spring projects are all behind me now (well... superceded by summer projects, at least) so it's time to concentrate on all things Lotus again. Had a nice drive yesterday. She's working well right out of the gate. All efforts this summer will be in preperation for LOG33. I'm not even planning any camping trips until late August so I can focus on getting the Lotus ready for the LOG road trip.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday,June 05, 2013, 01:13:31 PM »
Miura was my first thought when I saw it!! I think it looks cool that way. You would have to make some eyelashes...

Offline LeftAngle

• 0659R Photos
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday,June 05, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
 :FUNNY: Eyelashes... Don't give me ideas.  Actually.. Now that I think of it, there's a woman with a VW like that who works where I get my metal work done... Maybe I could borrow them and submit my car to be the centerfold in next year's calendar  ;)

Offline Mecky

• Lotus Europa Racing
« Reply #13 on: Thursday,June 06, 2013, 03:45:20 AM »
How is it possible that so many new members were registered during the last few weeks?

Offline LeftAngle

• 0659R Photos
« Reply #14 on: Thursday,June 06, 2013, 05:34:39 AM »
Jay Leno?