Author Topic: whos mounted 15" wheels?  (Read 951 times)

Offline exarkun1178

whos mounted 15" wheels?
« on: Saturday,March 02, 2013, 04:08:08 AM »
So,  whos mounted 15" wheels with OUT having to modify the body of the car?

what are the dimensions of the wheels?

I am having issues with my  current 13" and while i wait to source a new proper sized 13, thought id looking into the much more industry popular 15"

Offline andy harwood

Re: whos mounted 15" wheels?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,March 02, 2013, 06:07:26 AM »
I have a TCS, Spax shocks. Using advice from the yh group, i purchased Rota mfg. Panasport look-alikes off of ebay. 15x6, with a +25 offset (i think). Listed for Europa. Tire size 15x45x195. No problems so far. Some pics in here somewhere.
Very happy with the combo, mine are silver. I'd rather have gold color- which was offered a few months after i purchased mine. If you may be interested in mine, maybe i could get the gold ones...
Hth
Andyh
From phone, please excuse mistakes.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: whos mounted 15" wheels?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday,March 02, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »
I mounted some 15x6" ex-MGF wheels on mine over winter, front 195, rear 205 section.   I had some help & information from another UK owner who had fitted the same wheels to his S2, and he commented that there was a very slight rubbing at the front inner wheelarches on full lock.

So I made a couple of moldings to let into the bodywork on mine,  but after mounting them there didn't seem to be any clearance problems moving from lock to lock, either on full droop or loaded with the car's weight.  I don't know if the TC has different inner wheel arch design from the S2, but from what I've seen so far, no problems.

Brian