Author Topic: Window switch  (Read 533 times)

Offline phil

Window switch
« on: Sunday,July 10, 2016, 03:50:04 AM »
Ive recently refurbed all the gear linkage and its now much better, however on replacing the window switches the small locking tabs broke off and now they will not stay clipped in, I see R Dent sell similar ones but I was wondering if anyone has anything in this country, mine has "arrow" embossed on the side, so not even sure if these are original?
Regards    Phil

Offline jbcollier

Re: Window switch
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,July 10, 2016, 05:22:07 AM »
A photo or two would be helpful.

Offline phil

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,July 10, 2016, 08:42:23 AM »
hows this

Offline martinlcb

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,July 10, 2016, 09:34:32 AM »
Hi Phil, I replaced both of my window switches a couple of years ago. I bought them from Richard Winter at Banks-Europa dot co dot uk. (Based in Southport). He still lists them on his website.

Cheers

Martin B

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #4 on: Sunday,July 10, 2016, 11:29:00 AM »
Front shot, please.

Online BDA

« Reply #5 on: Sunday,July 10, 2016, 12:17:29 PM »
Hi Phil, I replaced both of my window switches a couple of years ago. I bought them from Richard Winter at Banks-Europa dot co dot uk. (Based in Southport). He still lists them on his website.

Cheers

Martin B

Martin, can you please post a picture or two of Richard's switches? The r.d. swiches have a curved face where the original switches have two flats on the face. I might be interested if Richard's are more like the original (and the rest of the switches on the dash).

Offline phil

« Reply #6 on: Monday,July 11, 2016, 04:06:30 AM »
Front shot as requested.

Online BDA

« Reply #7 on: Monday,July 11, 2016, 05:26:48 AM »
That looks like it's an original switch.

Offline martinlcb

« Reply #8 on: Monday,July 11, 2016, 09:10:17 AM »
Hi Phil, Will attempt to post a couple of phots once my technical director (aka wife) can photograph the switch. Looking at your picture, that is most definitely an original - had a thought and actually it is identical to the window switches in my Sprint. In which case Paul Matty or Sue Miller might have them.

The switches from Richard are different. The front can be described as having three seperate facets - thin flat horizontal mid section with subtle convex curve to the top and concave to the bottom. They also have a depiction of a half open window on them. That said, although not as original, they do not look out of place.

Not sure whether original items are still available. Did manage to source/buy a pair several years ago still in their Lotus blister packs but not cheap!!

By the way, I think that Lotus originally sourced them from a washing machine company which is why they have "230v" embossed on the reverse. (Local recycling centre might be able to help!)

Cheers,

Martin