Lotus Europa Forums > Events

Bob Dance and Richard Parramint talk about the early years at Lotus

(1/2) > >>

Certified Lotus:
The local Lotus club (PALS) held an event this past weekend featuring Bob and Richard talking about the early days at Lotus. I shot a video of the highlights as I always find the stories fascinating and thought it would be worthwhile to document some history.

Enjoy the stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syoeKkR76aA&t=3s

EuropaTC:
Excellent !   I haven't watched it all yet but already I'm waiting for Alex's comments when he hears the description of Norfolk.....   :)

This is a great idea, assuming the participants don't mind filming. It gets the enthusiasm out to all those folks who are too far away to make it and can only be a good thing.

Brian

Edit to add - watched it all now so grab yourself a coffee and settle down it's well worth watching. I could have done with another hour of them chatting away....

Lou Drozdowski:
A special thank you for posting this, I was planning to attend and had to pass it up, being under the weather...
The last thing I wished was infecting my troubles on to all my friends at PALS.
Watching the video was like chicken soup!...Hope all had a great time! ld

Certified Lotus:
Thanks a Brian and Lou.  I have a very fond memory of when I first met Bob Dance, it was at one of Richard’s tours of the Lotus Factory (2011) a meeting with Danny Bahar along with a tour of the Team Lotus shop. On the first night we had this group dinner at the hotel and Bob sat down next to me. I barely knew his background and introduced myself along with asking him a few questions. Well, several hours later I walked away from my seat at the table with a fascinating personal historical tour of Lotus, it’s racing heritage and insights to the “governor”. More over, Bob was totally engaged and acted like I was the only person in the room. It was a memorable conversation and one that I thought “ I wish I made a video of it for historical purposes”. Over the years I have met Bob at least another 6 times and each meeting provides more stories and new information. He is such a delightful man and has amazing recall for his age. When the event was planned for a Bob and Richard to talk at the PALS social, I knew I had to record this.

By the way, if your interested I have two video’s on my YouTube channel of Danny speaking to our tour group (The lost Lotus Tapes, June 2011). He had some interesting insights to the Lotus brand that were right on the mark.

EuropaTC:

--- Quote from: Certified Lotus on Tuesday,October 24, 2017, 04:25:48 AM ---By the way, if your interested I have two video’s on my YouTube channel of Danny speaking to our tour group (The lost Lotus Tapes, June 2011). He had some interesting insights to the Lotus brand that were right on the mark.

--- End quote ---

I'm always interested in people talking Lotus, so what do I look for ?  I have seen a talk by Graham Arnold on Youtube a while ago but it looked as if it was taken on a phone and the audio was poor. That was a shame, I've seen GA when he was around during my Club Lotus days and he also spins a good yarn. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version